Show Navigation Menu
Media

Blu-ray

More
14 years 2 days ago #19558 by Thurysaz
Blu-ray was created by Thurysaz
Have you tested a Blu-ray player?

I have a few weeks and I can assure you that it is really surprising, because the blue lazer optimizes the image of DVDs.

It's as if your \"old\" movie collection found a youth!

Mes hommages.

T.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 days ago #19565 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Blu-ray
I am actually saving up to buy a blu-ray player. I have started buying movies on blu-ray, when I buy a movie, but I only have a few so far. I am hoping to get a player by summer. The prices are coming down, so that is a good thing. I just don't like paying an extra $10 for a blu-ray disc, but you can get them discounted sometimes on Amazon.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 1 day ago #19594 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Blu-ray
We have a blu-ray player..My brother's PS3 doubles up as one. It does make a difference, but neither me, my brother nor my parents are really willing to spend on blu-ray discs, especially when you can get DVDs for cheap on eBay or ex-rental versions that are on sale.

My partner, on the other hand, buys everything blu-ray..But he's strange like that. :P He always buys the collector's editions, the 'full' versions of everything..Costly, costly..He's cut back on blu-rays since we got together, but that's only because I've redirected his cashflow onto clothing for himself.

Shopping is an addictive thing once you get into it.

More
14 years 1 day ago #19599 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Blu-ray
In Belgium we have BD players since 100 euros and disc since 15...

Mes hommages.

T.

More
14 years 1 day ago #19600 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Blu-ray
I don't know how much blu-ray players cost here..A new PS3 would be 250 GBP ish I think..

I just know that most blu-ray discs here are 40 GBP each or so, whereas a brand new DVD would be around 15 GBP to 20 GBP.

More
14 years 1 day ago #19615 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Blu-ray
I'm not sure how much Blu-ray movies are here, but I know they're more expensive than a regular DVD. I don't think we'll get a player any time soon... we have lots of movies on DVD already, so I don't want to have to upgrade everything. I know the picture is supposed to be much better, but I'm not sure that it's worth it at this point.

Time to create page: 0.266 seconds