Show Navigation Menu
Media

itouch, ipad, ipod....icrazy?

More
14 years 4 days ago #19246 by Morgana
I have a CD walkman from about 10 years ago, when I lived in a big city and took transit to work. It gets pulled out of the cupboard for dentist appointments now, but that's it. I have no interest in getting an ipod, as it would just be a waste of money for me. Money that could be better spent on upgrading our house stereo.

I have a cellphone, but only because work wants me to have it. It's about 8 years old, and makes and receives phone calls. I think it might have text messaging on it as well, but I've never bothered to figure it out. The main thing I use it for is as a back-up alarm clock. I know lots of people just have to have the latest technology, but I'm definitely not one of them. After staring at my computer screen all day, I can't wait to shut down and unplug. In fact, I'm quite surprised at myself that I spend as much time as I do on this site.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 days ago #19255 by black_magnolia
Thanks Millkins for the info, I'll try to find some like those when I have some spare money to spend on them.

I'm also not that crazy about the latest technology. I only want my pc to be reasonably up to date to support all the programs and that's it. I only have a fancy mobile phone because my dad got it for free when he had to renew his contract and he doesn't like those new ones at all, too complicated for him, so I got it instead.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 4 days ago #19256 by SkieShauphen
I like the idea but I never pay for my mp3 players. I either find them or get them as gifts. They are a bit more of a hassle though and feel restricted to me. CD's are my passion. I can listen to any CD I want at any time and my Disk player works just fine. There was a funny commercial I heard on the radio not too long ago speaking of the latest in laser technology. it surpasses the ipod and similar devices. It's called....
a compact disk! You'd have to hear it though. If it comes on again I'll get the name and see if I can post it on this thread.

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 4 days ago #19271 by Rubyred
I have an ipod! Two of them in fact!

I also have an apple mac computer which I will be replacing soon as it's about 4 years old.

I've had my ipod for years, and I've found it really helpful, It's 30gig and it has most of my music on it, along with some anime series and some photos. I used to go on holiday with my disc man, but now I just have to take one thing, and I dont have to choose which cd's to take, brilliant! I agree they are expensive, however I've found that it was definitely worth it.

And to explain why I have two, obv my bigger one has a hardrive in it, so I can't run with it (I know so many people who have broken ipods this way and then wondered why!) So I have a mini ipod I run with, with certain albums and playlists on. I used to share one like this with my mum, since we didn't run together, but when I went to university, I obviously had to get my own.

I chose the ipod to start of with over anything else simply because I have always had an apple mac laptop, I'd still do the same today, I've never had any problems with it.

More
14 years 4 days ago #19279 by scootiebee
I have had my ipod for about 2 years, and never had a problem with it. I used to have a macbook computer, but I hated it, and got a regular HP laptop, in addition to my Dell desktop. I can't really stand apple products for anything by the ipod. I don't want an iphone, or an ipad, or anything else. But I have a 160 gb ipod to protect myself from having to hear shopping center music, and to listen to while I am waiting for the kid at the bus stop, meetings, and lessons. It is nice to have a bank of music to haul around with me. The sound quality isn't great, but it is better than listening to the music at the grocery store, or worse, the shopping mall.

I would get an ipod touch, but the biggest one they make is 64 gb, so I am just waiting for them to make one at least 160 gb, or I wouldn't be able to load any fun games on it, in addition to the music I already have on it.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 4 days ago #19291 by iHauntTheSepulchre
I'm content with my ipod(s), though I might want to get myself a really big one to store everything on rather than having one for video and the other for music...it's just too much of a hassle. I really couldn't be bothered with any of the other apple products though. None of them really take my fancy.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

Time to create page: 0.286 seconds