Show Navigation Menu
Media

HP Lovecraft

More
14 years 8 months ago #1936 by Aftermidnight
Replied by Aftermidnight on topic Re:HP Lovecraft
I saw a rather impressive volume of his in Waterstone's, it was styled after the Necronomicon. I'll be honest, I've never read anything by him but I'm considering getting the book simply because it looked amazing! Many modern horror writers do praise him though.

Check out this game inspired by HP Lovecraft:
www.666gamer.com/play-38-De-Animator-Zombie.html
It's a bit addictive despite (or because of it) being really simple.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #1952 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:HP Lovecraft
Never read him, but heard a lot about him, and when time comes I'll be reading a few of his books, if nothing else then because I can brag about it :)
His books should be scary, and I'd like to find something to scare me, a book that I wont read before going to bed... his books, what I've heard, should be doing just fine. But atm I got a few too many books to read to go into something new, but I got the rest of my life, just in case... Hopefully I'll get to read Necronomicon soon as well

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 8 months ago #1965 by vampirelycanthrope13
I've tried reading one of his books, but only remember the picture on the front and not the name. To be honest i found the book a bit hard to get into, but i probably will try a different story next time, as i mostly hear good things about this writer.

More
14 years 8 months ago #1992 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:HP Lovecraft
Tho this could be for you like Stephen King is for me - eveyone tells it's great, wonderufll, nothing like it - but you never get the point youself. So just because they're praised, doesn't mean everyone will like them. Could just be hyped, because he created such different believes and such.
I'll read at least some of his novels, just because I could brag about it, but if I like it I might even read some more :blush:

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 8 months ago #2008 by Aftermidnight
Replied by Aftermidnight on topic Re:HP Lovecraft
To any Lovecraft fans:
Does he have a best or most essential work to read? I'd like to give him a go.

More
14 years 8 months ago #2131 by Adinrak
Replied by Adinrak on topic Re:HP Lovecraft
The Lurking Fear is my favorite so far :)
But I own a whole mess of books that have Lovecraft's works in them. Not to mention all the books like \"best of H.P Lovecraft\" and the like.

Time to create page: 0.264 seconds