Show Navigation Menu
Media

Edward Scissorhands

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #18099 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Morgana wrote:

I love it as well... the start of a fantastic collaboration! I really like the way colours were used. The town is so shiny and bright, while the ruined castle is very dark and depressing. Surprisingly, I don't own this one (yet) but I watch it just about every time it comes on TV.

I noticed that. The town seemed almost too bright for my liking though...it seemed too plastic. For some reason though, I can't believe that Vincent Price is dead, it just doesn't seem right.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #18118 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Edward Scissorhands
iHauntTheSepulchre wrote:

Morgana wrote:

I love it as well... the start of a fantastic collaboration! I really like the way colours were used. The town is so shiny and bright, while the ruined castle is very dark and depressing. Surprisingly, I don't own this one (yet) but I watch it just about every time it comes on TV.

I noticed that. The town seemed almost too bright for my liking though...it seemed too plastic. For some reason though, I can't believe that Vincent Price is dead, it just doesn't seem right.

I know what you mean, but I think that was the point... to show how shallow and plastic the townspeople are, and that they pay more attention to appearance rather than substance.

I noticed the same use of bright vs. dark colours in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. In that one, I think it was to distinguish the fantasy world of the chocolate factory from the dull depressing everyday-ness of regular life.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #18177 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Ah yes, I can see that now.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #18197 by vampirelycanthrope13
I just saw it again last night :) I hadn't seen it in ages and i'd forgotten a lot of what happens. Visually gorgeous, but i was still left feeling so sorry for poor edward in the end :(
I didn't realise that winona ryder was in it until just now, when her name was credited in the info section for the film in the tv guide. I'm used to her with dark hair like in beetlejuice and alien ressurrection, and somehow didn't recognise her with the gingery blonde hair in edward scissorhands.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #18263 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Edward Scissorhands
Winona Ryder does look very different with blonde hair... I think black/dark suits her better though.

I think this is when she and Johnny Depp started dating, after working together on this movie.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #18365 by Daruma
Replied by Daruma on topic Re:Edward Scissorhands
So beautiful film! I love it. :blush:

Time to create page: 0.261 seconds