Show Navigation Menu
Media

Do you play an instrument?

More
14 years 7 months ago #1795 by Veszdrin
Replied by Veszdrin on topic Re:Musicians
of course! so how long have you been playing the greatest of musical instruments? ha ha. yeah, double bass is mostly what you'll hear in a heavy rock or metal band but i've heard a few that don't use double bass that sound just as good. from what i hear double bass is very difficult to learn and even harder to master. just keep working at it and you'll be getting offers from bands in no time. best of luck to you!!

Those are the words of someone who does not know true despair....If you do not know it, I will teach it to you...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #1796 by Aftermidnight
Replied by Aftermidnight on topic Re:Musicians
Thanks again! Sadly, most people don't realise there is more to heavy drumming than that ubiquitous dududududududududududududududududududu sound underneath all the guitars. Although once I can do it I'm sure I'll want to all the time just to show off! Till then I have my family band to play with (dad on guitar, sister on bass).

More
14 years 7 months ago #1797 by Veszdrin
Replied by Veszdrin on topic Re:Musicians
yeah there is a lot more to it. i won't get into that now cause then i'll just go on and on and on. lol. that's cool that you're playing with your family. i really don't know very many other people where i live who play instruments let alone that are into the same kind of music as i am.

Those are the words of someone who does not know true despair....If you do not know it, I will teach it to you...

More
14 years 7 months ago #1799 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Musicians
Played a violin pretty much when I was a lot younger, but I quit, and got back to it, and quit... guess it had something to do with my family that I quit and such, but who knows.

Was pretty good, or could have been better, but only took those first classes and such. But I'd actually like to get back to it, think about it once in a while, because it was pretty fun and I'm not nearly as shy now as then. At least when I get my own place to live, and I could play as much as I'd like :silly:
But then I just need to get a violin and a place first... hm

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
12 years 5 months ago #36380 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Do you play an instrument?
:silly: I was wondering - If you do play an instrument, what are you currently playing on it/learning? What do you aim to be able to play one day?

As for me..I only have my flute and access to a piano at the moment. Secretly buying a new guitar on Monday too.

Currently playing/learning: a Mozart Sonata/a Dussek Sonata/a Prelude by Chopin and a random piece of anime music on the piano, and then an: Allegro by Taffanel/Solo flute part of a concerto by Gluck and a theme/variation of the Japanese Fan Dance by Vizzutti on the flute.

:P So far..Just aiming to play Liszt's version of Danse Macabre and Flight of the Bumblebees on the piano one day. Haven't thought about much more I'd want to ultimately play.

More
12 years 5 months ago #36385 by firensia
Well, I know the basics of piano and guitar. I do practice occasionally, usually I'll try playing songs I listen to. I'm a very impatient person so if I can't get something right away, I tend to get frustrated and that's probably why I haven't been able to go further than I have on either instrument.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

Time to create page: 0.290 seconds