Show Navigation Menu
Media

Eurovision song contest

More
14 years 1 month ago #16545 by Highwayman
Will any of our euro members be watching the eurovision song contest this year?
I remember having a bet on this swiss entry a few years back....they never even qualified :angry:

Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #16546 by black_magnolia
Highwayman wrote:

Will any of our euro members be watching the eurovision song contest this year?
I remember having a bet on this swiss entry a few years back....they never even qualified :angry:

Dj Bobo!?!?! Highwayman, you must be joking! :S

I'll watch the Eurovision song contest if I don't have anything better to watch and if I'm watching TV to begin with... so maybe I'll watch it this year, maybe not.
I don't really like the contest as it lost a lot of its worth when almost all countries started to sing in English. I despise this. We have so many different languages in Europe, it's a shame not to hear them!
In Croatia we have a contest called \"Dora\" on which we decide who will be our candidate for the Eurovision. All contestants sing in Croatian and the artist that wins then does the song in English for Eurovision, not Croatian. A real pity.
Also, the contest is coloured with politics. Always do the countries give points to their neighbouring countries...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by black_magnolia.

More
14 years 1 month ago #16554 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Cool video.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
14 years 1 month ago #16556 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:Eurovision song contest
Well nightwish couldn't enter the eurovision and then next year LORDI WON!!! and nightwish was rejected because they were NOT ENTERTAINING ENOUGH I mean how much of a hypocrite could they be, that made me resent the whole competition even more. And even when it was across the road (it was in belgrade the arena is across the road from my old working place) I still didn't watch it, just looks too rigged.

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

More
14 years 1 month ago #16580 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Eurovision song contest
My name come from the eurovision contest...

Mes hommages.

T.

More
14 years 1 month ago #16691 by Highwayman
millkins wrote:

Well nightwish couldn't enter the eurovision and then next year LORDI WON!!! and nightwish was rejected because they were NOT ENTERTAINING ENOUGH I mean how much of a hypocrite could they be, that made me resent the whole competition even more. And even when it was across the road (it was in belgrade the arena is across the road from my old working place) I still didn't watch it, just looks too rigged.

Oh yeah Lordi how could they not of won i mean check out them monsters :dry:

I did win on the serbia entry though her voice was amazing.

Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

Time to create page: 0.268 seconds