Show Navigation Menu
Media

Shutter Island

More
14 years 1 month ago #15875 by Envy
Shutter Island was created by Envy
I really want to see 'Shutter Island'..Has anyone seen it already?

Was it any good? Scary?

Struggling to find anyone who wants to see it with me. :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #15876 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Shutter Island
I haven't yet, but I want to... maybe this weekend.

It's supposed to be very good, from what I've read... A throwback to the Bogart \"film noir\" movies of the 40s, with sets that could have been imagined by Poe... or something to that effect, anyway.

Also, it's based on a novel, and Scorcese stayed pretty close to the original plot. Apparently he said that if he meddled with it too much, then nothing would make sense. I haven't read the book though.
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by Morgana.

More
14 years 1 month ago #15885 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Shutter Island
I'm so out of the movie news, I don't know what's playing at the moment at all... :(
Shutter Island you say? I think my friend mentioned something about it, but I don't think I'll catch the time to go and watch it...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 1 month ago #16148 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Shutter Island
Ooh..I never knew it was based on a novel. I might try and find that and read it whilst I'm waiting to find someone to see it with me. :)

More
14 years 1 month ago #16169 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Shutter Island
I have heard mixed reviews of Shutter Island. The lady on the radio said it was predictable and everything was over-explained. But the guy on TV said it was a nail-biting suspenseful ride. Oh, well. Who to believe, radio-lady or TV guy? I would still like to see it, but I get to the movies about twice a year. I will see the DVD! :) I still want to see Alice in Wonderland. And I still haven't seen Avatar. And the remake of Clash of the Titans has potential...

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 1 month ago #16636 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Shutter Island
My husband and I saw it last night, and we both enjoyed it. It's not a horror movie, more of a psychological thriller. And it definitely fits the film noir genre as well.

It's quite long, almost 2 and a half hours, but there didn't seem to be any draggy parts. It \"looked\" really good... scenery, interiors of buildings, etc. The hurricane and aftermath was also a nice touch. I won't say too much about the plot, as I don't want to spoil the ending for anyone. If you're planning to see it, and someone tries to tell you the ending, cover your ears!

Time to create page: 0.332 seconds