Show Navigation Menu
Media

Yay for Voltaire!

More
14 years 8 months ago #1484 by cemwerewolf
Since music seems to have become one of the hot topics of this forum, I thought I'd weigh in on my musical tidbit of the week . . .

This past Tuesday I was gifted with the surpreme pleasure of seeing Voltaire perform at a small club in my home town. The show was amazing but that's not the only thing that has me still talking about a performance I saw nearly a week ago. It was the man himself.

The doors opened three hours before Voltaire hit the stage. The better part of this time was spent with the performer. He answered questions, took a plethora of photos with my friends and myself (more on this later), signed merchandise, did shots, watched the opening performances with us . . . even just chatted about inane things.

After discussing some of our favorite songs he added one of the most favorite to his set. The result was a real treat as we heard a song he normally doesn't perform live. All in all it was one of the best evenings I've ever had.

Has anyone else ever seen him live?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #1487 by Highwayman
Replied by Highwayman on topic Re:Yay for Voltaire!
Not had the pleasure of seeing Voltaire perform live, but i do like live gigs!

Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

More
14 years 8 months ago #2155 by Polaristhe2
Replied by Polaristhe2 on topic Re:Yay for Voltaire!
I just remembered Voltaire's (the poet's) epitaph.
On his deathbed a priest asked him: \"Voltaire, do you renounce Satan and all of his sins?\"
He replyed: \"With all due respect Father, I do not think this is the right time to make enemies.\"
Few seconds after that he died.

Now that is badass.

Choices we make and the choices that are, when Hell is so close and Heaven so far.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2206 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Yay for Voltaire!
How could you dissagree with him? Seems like logic to me... :cheer:

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #2218 by knumpcy
Replied by knumpcy on topic Re:Yay for Voltaire!
I see him every year he comes to Nashville, it is a joy seeing him perform.:laugh:
Done by Future Shorts a fan of Voltaire!

Live show, always brilliant!

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by knumpcy.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2295 by knumpcy
Replied by knumpcy on topic Re:Yay for Voltaire!
Polaristhe2 wrote:

I just remembered Voltaire's (the poet's) epitaph.
On his deathbed a priest asked him: \"Voltaire, do you renounce Satan and all of his sins?\"
He replyed: \"With all due respect Father, I do not think this is the right time to make enemies.\"
Few seconds after that he died.

Now that is badass.

Brilliant and well put!:ohmy:

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity

Time to create page: 0.255 seconds