Show Navigation Menu
Media

stephen king

More
14 years 7 months ago #1794 by Aftermidnight
Replied by Aftermidnight on topic Re:stephen king
I love his books, my mum got me into them. My favourite is It (it's the most amazing and ambitious and smart and amazing book ever), which I've just finished, but Christine is really good as well, and the aforementioned Misery. Oh and The Stand is really impressive. I haven't seen any of the movies because apparently they aren't as good as the books, and I'd rather remember for the story for how I've imagined it than how the film interprets it. I think the books always have a lot going on in them, with lots of minor characters and backstories that would be hard to translate for the screen apart from in a TV series.

Oh but I've seen the Shining (haven't read the book) and it's really good, and pretty scary in places.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #1805 by morphea3107
Replied by morphea3107 on topic Re:stephen king
i just finished duma key , and i was breathless...very very good book , and i'm expecting a movie to be made from it ..;)

More
14 years 7 months ago #1832 by Aftermidnight
Replied by Aftermidnight on topic Re:stephen king
That's just been recommended to me! Apparently it is quite scary.

More
14 years 7 months ago #1856 by knumpcy
Replied by knumpcy on topic Re:stephen king
I enjoyed Misery and Cats Eye, of coasre things were left out or changed due to the period and their rating system and content, then again if they where word for word on most books to movies we would being sitting in a cinema for 5+ hours.

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity

More
14 years 7 months ago #1858 by morphea3107
Replied by morphea3107 on topic Re:stephen king
yeah ....i know what you mean ....did you read rose red? they made a movie about it ..it stretches for 6 hours but it is my favourite movie ...i recommend it to you if you are willing to watch it ...it has a lot of truth in it and was based upon real events..;)

More
14 years 7 months ago #1859 by Veszdrin
Replied by Veszdrin on topic Re:stephen king
i agree. i have that movie and i can never tire of watching it. it is one of my favorite movies as well. i can't remember if that house is still standing though. :unsure:

Those are the words of someone who does not know true despair....If you do not know it, I will teach it to you...

Time to create page: 0.277 seconds