Show Navigation Menu
Media

Twilight

More
14 years 7 months ago #2548 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Sparkly vampires?
Was listening to radio once, just after the first Twilight movie had come to the cinemas...

The dayly... whatever, but the man online was only talking about that girl in the cinema, watching the Twilight movie, leaning over to her friend to wishper - \"I know this movie in and out. I've seen it here 20 times last week\"

I believe that's an extreme, for the extreme cases, but still... wtf?!

And about what Stephen King said in that interview, I can't agree more.
I don't want to read it, just because of what Rubyred experienced - being educated in writing I can't read something without trying to see the bad and good of it, and reading Twilight... well, my sister, who's a fan, admits it's not a great work, even if the story is nice. And if she believes it, I believe I couldn't even stand it. A clear example of something that could be nice to have read (in case someone wonders how I can believe it bad) but it would not be nice reading...

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2555 by trykster
Replied by trykster on topic Re:Sparkly vampires?
i really... REALLY don't like Twilight. then again im a guy and like as countless others pointed out, this series was aimed at little teen girls so.. yeah well i gave it a try and no noes from me ;) and the movies... if it weren't for the ready fanbase BEFORE the movie, i doubt it would have been as big of a hit as it is. i mean, the population is fickle, remember that =)

More
14 years 7 months ago #2556 by janelle hell
Replied by janelle hell on topic Re:Sparkly vampires?
CorpseQueen wrote:

Was listening to radio once, just after the first Twilight movie had come to the cinemas...

The dayly... whatever, but the man online was only talking about that girl in the cinema, watching the Twilight movie, leaning over to her friend to wishper - \"I know this movie in and out. I've seen it here 20 times last week\"

I believe that's an extreme, for the extreme cases, but still... wtf?!

And about what Stephen King said in that interview, I can't agree more.
I don't want to read it, just because of what Rubyred experienced - being educated in writing I can't read something without trying to see the bad and good of it, and reading Twilight... well, my sister, who's a fan, admits it's not a great work, even if the story is nice. And if she believes it, I believe I couldn't even stand it. A clear example of something that could be nice to have read (in case someone wonders how I can believe it bad) but it would not be nice reading...

True; if you know anything about writing, it's even less enjoyable. Again, I can see how the demographic that it's aimed at would like it so much (teenage girls who aren't interested in horror novels/movies/etc), but I got about 1/4 of the way through it when I decided I'd probably rather read the back of the Lysol can whilst sitting on the toilet, lol.

More
14 years 7 months ago #2561 by knumpcy
Replied by knumpcy on topic Re:Sparkly vampires?
I haven't read the books, but they have contacted me through a casting site to be in the last 2 films.

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity

More
14 years 7 months ago #2616 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Sparkly vampires?
knumpcy wrote:

I haven't read the books, but they have contacted me through a casting site to be in the last 2 films.

The only good reason so far I've got for watching them... :cheer:

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 7 months ago #2619 by Aftermidnight
Replied by Aftermidnight on topic Re:Sparkly vampires?
Not many people here seem to like Twilight. Could this be, and this is just speculation, because we are actually gothic and don't need to go for a goth-lite tale of high-school romance?

P.S. I denounced Twilight in front of my entire English today... But only because someone asked me what I thought of it during my presentation. And I wasn't really mean about it.

Time to create page: 0.351 seconds