Media

Evanescence

More
12 years 5 months ago #36106 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re: Evanescence
firensia wrote:

notice_the_blinking wrote:

Morgana wrote:

I've only heard the first one so far, What You Want. It's OK... better than I had expected, considering I read that Amy wanted to take the band in a more dance/electronic direction.

Oh really? That makes me sad. I never got intensely into the band but I always appreciated them I guess. I'm so tired of all this dance crap, its essentially the new pop so its EVERYWHERE, ALL THE TIME! And everyone seems to be going that way because of it. Personally I blame Lady Gaga. 'The Age of Gaga', haha, I don't think Ben Elton knew his own prediction when he wrote \"Killer Queen\"

It's actually not all that electro/dance. The electronic effects were actually done by a member of Nine Inch Nails (can't remember his name But I'm sure he knows who he is :) ). I wouldn't consider it pop. I can't stand Pop music. It all sounds the same to me like hearing the same chord progressions and melodies ten thousand times over... Thank goodness there's metal. However, it seems that over the years that Evanescence has been gone, my ears have become sensitive to Amy's screaming high vocals. Perhaps that's why I can't enjoy this album as much.

It was probably Trent Reznor, although I can't seem to find that out for sure. I think he pretty much IS Nine Inch Nails, right? I like them though, so maybe the techno stuff on this album might not be so bad...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #36118 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: Evanescence
Morgana wrote:
It was probably Trent Reznor, although I can't seem to find that out for sure. I think he pretty much IS Nine Inch Nails, right? I like them though, so maybe the techno stuff on this album might not be so bad...[

Nah, it definitely wasn't Trent. I should've specified that it was a live member. I think his name was Chris or something beginning with the letter C. I actually listened to the Evanescence album again. Now, it's starting to grow on me. I think I'll add it to my Christmas wishlist. It's not as bad as I originally thought.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
12 years 5 months ago #36305 by Paul
Replied by Paul on topic Re: Evanescence
Being a huge Evanescence fan (maybe Amy has something to do with that as well!!!) i done exactly the same as 'firensia', after listening to the album a couple of times i thought the first track was good but the rest seemed a bit all the same. After listening five or six times i have know considered the whole album very good, with several favourites. I would just say give it a chance, the more you listen the more you'll hopefully like it. The same is probably said for 'Tear The World Down' by 'We Are The Fallen', also an excellent album.

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed.

More
12 years 5 months ago #36307 by snow.wulf
Replied by snow.wulf on topic Re: Evanescence
I like \"Fallen\", but after that CD, they just went down-hill. Sure, there are a few songs here and there from their more recent CDs that I like, and Amy has an incredible voice, but I'm not really a big fan.

Being the music collector that I am though, I own all the CDs :P

More
12 years 5 months ago #36311 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: Evanescence
Paul wrote:

Being a huge Evanescence fan (maybe Amy has something to do with that as well!!!) i done exactly the same as 'firensia', after listening to the album a couple of times i thought the first track was good but the rest seemed a bit all the same. After listening five or six times i have know considered the whole album very good, with several favourites. I would just say give it a chance, the more you listen the more you'll hopefully like it.

Yes, it's definitely not an album you like 100% when your first listen to it. I think it's because it starts off with such a great song that initially everything else just seems a bit boring at first. Also, I've been watching videos of Evanescence performing live and it seems like the break has really done Amy good. She sounds amazing live now.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
12 years 3 months ago #37051 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re: Evanescence
I got this CD for Christmas, and I quite like it. It's not nearly as \"electronic\" as I was expecting, and it's not heavy on the sappy ballads, so those are both good points, in my opinion. I'm not really familiar with it yet, but overall, I don't think the tone sounds that much different than The Open Door.

Time to create page: 0.351 seconds