Show Navigation Menu
Media

The Wolfman

More
14 years 2 months ago #15175 by vampirelycanthrope13
Replied by vampirelycanthrope13 on topic Re:The Wolfman
I just saw the movie. The wolf was pretty cool. There were lots of scenes with lots of great potential, but not enough time was spent in any of them. The pacing of the movie was rather odd, and it all felt very rushed, with lots of small scenes one after another all in different places. It was visually a great film, and there were great scenes with the wolf man in, especially scenes in the gypsy camp and in london were good.
The film was ok, but i have the feeling that if certain scenes had been chopped and othes had been lengthened and or rearranged a bit it could have actually been a really good movie.
Overall, i didn't feel like i'd been cheated out of my money going to see the film, but i didn't feel amazed by the movie either.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15176 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:The Wolfman
Ooh..

I'm going to see it on Wednesday..Not sure what to expect really.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15308 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:The Wolfman
I have not yet had the opportunity to go and see ...

Mes hommages.

T.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #15485 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:The Wolfman
My husband and I went to see The Wolfman yesterday, and we both really enjoyed it. I'm really glad we saw it at the theatre, although I also plan to buy it when it comes out on DVD. I thought a lot of the scenes, such as the manor house, the moon through the trees, etc., really lent themselves well to the big screen. I didn't find it overly gory, but there were a few scenes that definitely made me jump.

I really like the actor, Hugo Weaving, who played Inspector Aberline. I don't recognize the name, but I'm sure I've seen him elsewhere. I found the slightly sarcastic delivery of his lines reminded me of Blackadder, particulary when he was settling in for the evening at the tavern.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Morgana.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15507 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:The Wolfman
Morgana wrote:

I really like the actor, Hugo Weaving, who played Inspector Aberline. I don't recognize the name, but I'm sure I've seen him elsewhere. I found the slightly sarcastic delivery of his lines reminded me of Blackadder, particulary when he was settling in for the evening at the tavern.

No way! He was one of the reasons I couldn't take the film seriously! I just kept seeing and hearing this..

..I couldn't take the Wolfmen seriously after I saw what they looked like as well.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15536 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:The Wolfman
I haven't seen the Matrix, so I know that's not where I saw him before. I can't really remember what I might have seen him in, but he definitely looked familiar...

Time to create page: 0.258 seconds