Show Navigation Menu
Media

What are you currently reading?

More
12 years 1 month ago #37683 by Veszdrin
Could someone please enlighten me as to what Something Wicked This Way Comes is about? Seems like a very popular book and I'd like to read it.

Those are the words of someone who does not know true despair....If you do not know it, I will teach it to you...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #37688 by firensia
Veszdrin wrote:

Could someone please enlighten me as to what Something Wicked This Way Comes is about? Seems like a very popular book and I'd like to read it.

Without giving anything away, the book is about two 13 year old boys one October when a carnival comes to town three a.m. in the morning. It quickly becomes apparent that this is no ordinary carnival. Run by a duo of evil ringmasters, it lures victims by showing them visions of their pasts or futures and feeds on weakness. When the boys witness some strange happenings, the carnies come looking for them, determined to imprison them and make them part of the sideshow.

There is a strong supernatural element and lots of twists in this book and it's impossible to put down. I highly recommend it. One of the best books I've read in a while. This is the first book I've read by Ray Bradbury but now, I'm probably going to read more by him because Something Wicked This Way Comes was so amazing. :)

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by firensia.

More
12 years 1 month ago #37691 by black_magnolia
The plot sounds really intriguing! I'll have to check it out too. Thanks for the review. :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 1 month ago #37692 by firensia
black_magnolia wrote:

The plot sounds really intriguing! I'll have to check it out too. Thanks for the review. :)

No problem. :) It's a great book. I'm sure you wouldn't regret reading it.

More
12 years 1 month ago #37696 by Veszdrin
Thank you firensia. I'll definitely have to look into reading th [img/] at book.

Those are the words of someone who does not know true despair....If you do not know it, I will teach it to you...

More
12 years 1 month ago #37700 by firensia
Veszdrin wrote:

Thank you firensia. I'll definitely have to look into reading that book.

You're welcome. :)

Time to create page: 0.385 seconds