Show Navigation Menu
Media

What are you currently reading?

More
12 years 2 months ago #37547 by firensia
Veszdrin wrote:

currently i'm re reading the legend of drizzt series by R.A. Salvatore. current one i'm on is the orc king. i'm mainly reading the newer books in preparation for the latest book that came out which i have yet to purchase.

Awesome series! I've read every single book except for the last two. Will have to get around to reading those.

Currently reading Pandora by Anne Rice.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #37554 by Veszdrin
You have to read them!! They are amazing! I've read and re read all of the books multiple times. I especially love how R.A. Salvatore can really paint a picture of an epic battle with astounding detail. Firensia, if you liked The Legend of Drizzt series i would highly recommend reading War of the Spider Queen if you haven't already. That was the series that got me into the Forgotten Realms. :)

Those are the words of someone who does not know true despair....If you do not know it, I will teach it to you...

More
12 years 2 months ago #37557 by iHauntTheSepulchre
A book on candle making. I'd love to do this myself one day...just need to find a good stockist.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
12 years 2 months ago #37567 by firensia
Veszdrin wrote:

You have to read them!! They are amazing! I've read and re read all of the books multiple times. I especially love how R.A. Salvatore can really paint a picture of an epic battle with astounding detail. Firensia, if you liked The Legend of Drizzt series i would highly recommend reading War of the Spider Queen if you haven't already. That was the series that got me into the Forgotten Realms. :)

I started reading Insurrection when I was younger but never finished it. I see that Volume 1 of the 10th anniversary collectors' edition of the War of the Spider Queen series comes out in April so I may buy that. I've also read The Crimson Shadow Trilogy which was really good.

More
12 years 2 months ago #37568 by Veszdrin
They are making a 10th anniversary collector's edition? That's awesome!! I may have to pick that up. Never read the Crimson Shadow Trilogy. What's that one about?

Those are the words of someone who does not know true despair....If you do not know it, I will teach it to you...

More
12 years 2 months ago #37581 by firensia
Veszdrin wrote:

Never read the Crimson Shadow Trilogy. What's that one about?

The story takes place in another part of Forgotten Realms called Avon. It's about a warrior named Luthien Bedwyr who leaves his father's kingdom (Eriador) when it is infiltrated by agents of the evil dragon king Greensparrow. He eventually leads an army of elves, dwarves and humans to try to free Avon from the king's tyrannical rule when he receives a magical cape which once belonged to a Robin Hood like figure called \"The Crimson Shadow\". They eventually succeed in gaining a truce with the king but it is then broken and chaos ensues. There's lots of battle sequences in this trilogy. I quite enjoyed it. It's a change from the Drizzt stories and from Menzoberranzan. There are some different creatures in this trilogy, like Cyclopians which makes a nice change.

Time to create page: 0.294 seconds