Show Navigation Menu
Media

What are you currently reading?

More
14 years 2 months ago #13257 by scootiebee
Ooh! I just got Pride and Prejudice and Zombies too. I started reading it, but since I was going on vacation, I brought a bunch of old Laurell Hamilton books with me. Fun plane reading, and I don't have to have all my attention on it to enjoy. I will resume the zombie fest when I get home Friday.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #13266 by cemwerewolf
Just started Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. It came highly recomended by a friend. Prior to that it was a book of Norse Myths.

More
14 years 2 months ago #13295 by Morgana
Sounds like PP&Z is quite popular around here! Not that I'm surprised though...

Black_magnolia, I hope you get to read something for pleasure soon. Those ones you mentioned sound like pretty tough going.

Cemwerewolf, Jane Eyre is really good, I've read it a few times myself, and Wuthering Heights as well. I tend to like the work of the Brontes better than Jane Austen.

More
14 years 2 months ago #13305 by EmmaLee28
I read \"A Streetcar Named Desire\"; pretty good play. I had to read it for English Drama before Christmas, and my teacher had us watch the movie and everything.

I'm only wearing black until they invent something darker :)

More
14 years 2 months ago #13306 by EmmaLee28
Hmm I'm reading three books right now, as it is. :P
I started Anne Rice's \"Vampire Chronicles\" and am now landed roughly in the middle of \"The Vampire Lestat\"; I received \"\"Pillars of the Earth\" by Ken Follet for Christmas and am reading that as well, and I started reading Jane Austen's \"Emma\" just because of the name hehe...

I'm only wearing black until they invent something darker :)

More
14 years 2 months ago #13320 by scootiebee
I never enjoyed the Brontes. I HATED Jane Eyre when I had to read it in high school, but I think that was just because of my teacher. I might try reading it again, but the portrayal of Jane as being such a dippy flake, I did not enjoy at all. At least Jane Austen's women have some redeemable qualities. But then again, it was the teacher's lack of pizazz that really made me hate the book. Maybe if I read it again. It has been more than 20 years...

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Time to create page: 0.318 seconds