Show Navigation Menu
Media

Favourite movies

More
14 years 11 months ago #132 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Favourite movies
\"Le pacte des loups\" is the untranslated version of \"Brotherhood.\" It was shot in France and was naturally done in the french language but I was lucky enough to get my paws on a copy that has both subtitled and dubbed versions. This is great since my command of french is shotty at best and sometimes I'm just not in the mood to read a movie.

I'm also a big fan of Sleepy Hollow and Bram Stoker's Dracula. Seeing people mention all these movies that I have in my collection is giving me a craving to have another movie marathon . . .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #134 by Aftermidnight
Replied by Aftermidnight on topic Re:Favourite movies
My last marathon was watching back to back episodes of the sitcom \"Spaced\" then watching \"Shaun of the Dead\"... It was good fun. Speaking of comedies, what about everyone's favourite horror comedies? As well the aforementioned Shaun, \"Addams Family Values\" is way up the top. It's even better than the original. Also \"Young Frankenstein\" is very funny, and \"Beetlejuice\".

More
14 years 11 months ago #137 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Favourite movies
I love Sleepy Hollow, I've lost track of how many times I've watched it. Tim Burton is fantastic, his movies always have such a weird twist to them... they always look great as well. And I love Johnny Depp, I'd watch him in anything! I even sat through a musical (not a genre I'm fond of) because he was in Sweeney Todd. It was actually pretty good, even after seeing a non-musical BBC production of the story not too long before.

Johnny and Tim need to do a vampire movie together... I could die happy after seeing that!

More
14 years 11 months ago #142 by Aftermidnight
Replied by Aftermidnight on topic Re:Favourite movies
Sweeney Todd is one of my favourite movies, speaking as someone who doesn't really like musicals. Johnny Depp is a good actor, and so is Helena Bonham Carter, and they're both obviously having so much fun singing. And I think Tim Burton enjoys drenching everything in blood (as with Sleepy Hollow, its the most colourful colour in the whole thing). Most of the time that's what makes a great film - the cast and crew really being enthusiastic about what they're doing. And Burton's dark quirkiness seems to come so naturally to him, and that's why his films are amazing - he treats his gothic style as if every film should be made that way.

More
14 years 11 months ago #152 by badpiper
Replied by badpiper on topic Re:Favourite movies
I agree all the movies listed are among my favorites. I would like to add from hell although I'm not sure it fits the gothic style. If not I still dig it.

More
14 years 11 months ago #154 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Favourite movies
As far as the comedies go I have to add \"Dracula Dead and Loving\" it to the list. I'm also a big Mel Brooks fan.

Time to create page: 0.277 seconds