Show Navigation Menu
Media

Favourite movies

More
14 years 10 months ago #160 by Aftermidnight
Replied by Aftermidnight on topic Re:Favourite movies
What does/did everyone think of Coraline? I saw in 3D and it was really good! I know it isn't a Tim Burton but it had the same kind of macabre undercurrents and genuinely scary moments (speaking as a 17-year old). I think it worked so well because it didn't try to match or better Tim Burton's style, it made its own style that can simply be compared to, say, The Nightmare Before Christmas or Corpse Bride.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #162 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Favourite movies
I haven't seen it yet, but I want to. It was directed by Henry Selick, who also directed Nightmare Before Christmas, hence the \"Burton\" feel to it.

Coraline is based on a book by Neil Gaiman, whose work I would highly recommend. He's tough to find second hand, as his books don't linger too long on the shelf, but definitely worth the hunt.

More
14 years 10 months ago #166 by nay.mayfair
Replied by nay.mayfair on topic Re:Favourite movies
just love vampires, so I love films as Interview with the Vampire, Queen of the Damned, and of any other kind, and I agree with what Aftermidnight said about Sleepy Hollow which is also good. But also those I call the child influences to the dark side \"as the movie The Nightmare Before Christmas and Edward Scissorhands, (I wanted him to take care of those injured):laugh:

More
14 years 10 months ago #170 by Aftermidnight
Replied by Aftermidnight on topic Re:Favourite movies
Lol. I've noticed that there's a lot of crossover between the favourite movies and books threads; we keep recommending Neil Gaimans and Anne Rices to each other, books and films! It's great to talk to people with similar tastes.

More
14 years 10 months ago #189 by RavenDarkmoon
Replied by RavenDarkmoon on topic Re:Favourite movies
Yes I believe Tim Burton has a twisted mind. Got to love him for all the movies he has made over the years. I know we mention a lot of them here. As I look back he also made the first Batman movie in 1989 (i believe that when it came out) Just another ex-sample of how twisted Tim's view of life relay is. :)

And whats life with out a twist once in a while? :laugh:

More
14 years 10 months ago #204 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Favourite movies
Gingersnaps is a great werewolf movie. There are some really funny, black comedy moments in it as well. I haven't seen the 2 sequels yet, but I've heard that the second one is not too bad.

Time to create page: 0.276 seconds