Show Navigation Menu
Media

The books of Terry Pratchett

More
14 years 8 months ago #1136 by MefistaCenobica
I love most of his books-they're very interesting,and humour is very good)Sometimes he parodies something, or hinting at something, and it is wonderful.
For example,there is a mention at the Baron Samedi in \"ReaperMan\".And found an episode in his \"Soul music\" that can be a hint on Alchemist (in fact, this episode parodies the ghost rider, but one little detail...)
Sorry for my bad english

archdevilantidote.proboards.com/
My forum dedicated to bootleg stuff,help me to fill it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #1139 by Highwayman
Yes his work is very interesting the Hogfather was cool when made into the movie starring David jason

Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

More
14 years 8 months ago #1141 by MefistaCenobica
Yes.I've seen this movie)very good,even in russian
I think,the original book (I read it) was inspired by Nightmare before Christmas

archdevilantidote.proboards.com/
My forum dedicated to bootleg stuff,help me to fill it

More
14 years 8 months ago #1146 by CorpseQueen
They're close to wonderfull, the irony and comedy and parodies... tho I don't have that many books of him, not as many as I'd like. Got others I have to read before I can go back to him, but eventually I will.

My favorites are those with that guy... that miserable wizard. Don't remember his name... tho, at the time when I read them, didn't really like about the witches. But then, it was some time ago, may like them better now :blush:

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 8 months ago #1222 by Aftermidnight
This is so ironic, I just finished Mort not an hour ago! I think his books are amazing, they have that excellent blend of serious thought and humour, often with a bit of affectionate parody. And it always gives the impression that he had a great time writing them! And the man himself has style. Mort and Reaper Man are my favourites.

More
14 years 7 months ago #3944 by Tremein
Mort is good, along with the other Death books.
But Good Omens is more fun.

Time to create page: 0.259 seconds