Show Navigation Menu
Media

More
14 years 4 months ago #11075 by Envy
So..Has anyone seen the movie 'Avatar' yet?

Is it as good as people claim it is?

I should be seeing it next Wednesday..Though not sure whether to see a 3D version or not (I wear glasses as it is - Would be annoying to have a pair of 3D glasses on top).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #11079 by Highwayman
Replied by Highwayman on topic Re:Avatar.
Iv'e not seen it yet but the trailer looks amazing.

Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #11085 by vampirelycanthrope13
Replied by vampirelycanthrope13 on topic Re:Avatar.
Good question. I'm going to see avatar soon, and i wasn't sure whether to do 3d or not.

I guess the cinema's the only place to see it in 3d properly, however wearing 3d glasses for the whole film could get a bit tiring as i read the running time is about 2.5 hours!

Either way I'm still looking forwards to seeing this film!
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by vampirelycanthrope13.

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #11086 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Avatar.
It was absolutely, positively, outrageously awesome. I loved it. It's a high flying ride through another world. Near the end I was almost tearing up in the theatre.... :(
If you liked Fern Gully, you'll like Avatar. It's a more realistic version of the old cartoon, save for the forest people are giant instead of tiny. Oh, and prepare yourself for an alien sex scene...
As for 3D, I saw it in normal and it was insane! Lots of pop out at you stuff and over the cliff shots...if you're afraid of heights, I wouldn't suggest this movie on the big screen. I'm sure 3D would make it even worse for you guys haha

Meaning comes from within.
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by SkieShauphen.

More
14 years 4 months ago #11105 by Daruma
Replied by Daruma on topic Re:Avatar.
I really want to go see it but because of the snow we should wait a bit

More
14 years 4 months ago #11108 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Avatar.
It's actually 2hours and 41 minutes. So, count three hours. Worth every second.

Saw it with my boy last friday, and I loved it. First, as you get to know the world, it's pretty much just as humans would like to be. Tall, thin, and with no head... as well as no fears of heights. I would never have made it through 3D, I got scared just watching the normal one... climbing mountains floating in the sky... just the thought of such!

But after maybe half an hour it just went to great and from there it just rose in my eyes. Hollywood is learning - Inglorious Basterds and now this one. Both nothing like the norm (well, kinda), and I love it. I never like the normal, the usual twists of those Hollywood things... (Bolt for example - fun thing with the dog and all, but after the first half hour, you knew everything, every word - you've seen it before in every childs movie)

Go see it. It's worth the time and the money.
Too bad I can't see it again... I've seen it already. I know everything. I eny those that haven't seen it...

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

Time to create page: 0.272 seconds