Show Navigation Menu
All things Alchemy.

Alchemy Discontinuations 2012

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #38520 by black_magnolia
As you people know, Alchemy discontinues every year a number of designs to make room for the new items.
This year, ergo from September 1st 2012, a lot of the non-jewellery items will be discontinued due to the closure of manufacturing plants in the UK.

These discontinuations are sadly due to the troubling financial climate affecting Alchemy's partners, not due to their own base of operations.

I know this isn't a big heads-up, but it's still a good thing to know.

When the catalogue gets updated in September we'll know for sure which items are discontinued,
but for now the tip is:
All Flasks
All Chalices
All Goblets
All Intimity Glasses
Pentagramica Shotglass
Tankards: Odin Saga, Darby & Trevithick's, Lamentia Floribunda, Tempus Finis
Wineglasses: Desiree, Plantagenet, Metamorphose Angel
All Oil Burners
All Candlesticks
All Caskets & Boxes
All Crystal Balls

Sadly, quite a lot of items, but I wish everyone who had an eye on any one of these items a lucky hunt! ;)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by black_magnolia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #38521 by Madam_Mim
black_magnolia wrote:

As you people know, Alchemy discontinues every year a number of designs to make room for the new items.
This year, ergo from September 1st 2012, a lot of the non-jewellery items will be discontinued due to the closure of manufacturing plants in the UK.

These discontinuations are sadly due to the troubling financial climate affecting Alchemy's partners, not due to their own base of operations.

I know this isn't a big heads-up, but it's still a good thing to know.

When the catalogue gets updated in September we'll know for sure which items are discontinued,
but for now the tip is:
All Flasks
All Chalices
All Goblets
All Intimity Glasses
Pentagramica Shotglass
Tankards: Odin Saga, Darby & Trevithick's, Lamentia Floribunda, Tempus Finis
Wineglasses: Desiree, Plantagenet, Metamorphose Angel
All Oil Burners
All Candlesticks
All Caskets & Boxes
All Crystal Balls

Sadly, quite a lot of items, but I wish everyone who had an eye on any one of these items a lucky hunt! ;)

:( :( :(
I just looked in the AG's online catalog, and they have already removed some items of the \"Drinking & Dining\" and \"Giftware, Décor & Miscellaneous\" categories.........................
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by Madam_Mim.

More
11 years 8 months ago #38524 by cemwerewolf
That's unfortunate that they have to eliminate so many types of items. I've had my eye on a number of those items but they've always been beyond my financial means. Guess it's just not meant to be . . .

More
11 years 8 months ago #38525 by black_magnolia
Yeah, so sad really. :(

Some have already been removed as Alchemy doesn't have them in stock anymore in their warehouse so can't supply them. I assume the rest will follow soon too...

I had my eye on a couple of things, but firstly, couldn't afford them at full price and secondly it's a nightmare to think that the Croatian customs office would then probably charge me an additional 40% of what I paid for those items in customs fees. :( Ah... if only we were in the EU already...

And eternity in an hour.

More
11 years 8 months ago #38531 by firensia
That's horrible! :( Almost every non-jewelry item is gone. It's a shame because I adore the Metamorphose Angel Glass. I've been wanting that forever and I also love Alchemy's Candlesticks, especially The Light Of Death Candelabra.

I wonder if they'll still discontinue lots jewelry items this year as well or if they'll just keep most of that collection to compensate for the lack of products? I guess we'll find out soon enough. It's almost time for the new catalogue. :)

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
11 years 8 months ago #38533 by black_magnolia
Good question, firensia. I think the same, and hopefully they won't, but that's just a guess. They did discontinue a lot of jewellery last year, at least in my opinion... We'll see.

And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.331 seconds