Show Navigation Menu
All things Alchemy.

Job Opportunity: Junior Artist

More
11 years 9 months ago #38380 by black_magnolia
Junior Graphic Artist/Designer – Full time, on-site position

Vacancy Description

Working in the small Leicester studios, in a team of around a dozen artists, designers and model makers, the position’s main requirement is for drawing and painting by hand onto board, but also working with a computer. Under the supervision of the master illustrator, the position will mainly be occupied with designing and creating by hand, sketches and illustration in colour of fantasy, gothic, metal, tattoo-style and historical subjects. The candidate will be guided to learn and adopt Alchemy’s (extremely varied), distinctive ‘house styles’, while being encouraged to introduce new influences into the mix. The resulting illustration is intended to add to the Alchemy Art Library for use in T-shirt and fashion design and licensed consumer products of all descriptions, plus catalogues, adverts and websites, etc.

Skills Required

Working on PC or Mac, experience preferred in the following programmes:
Photoshop
Freehand / Illustrator
…as well as pencil & paper!

Good drawing skills are required and must include anatomy, light and shade, perspective and composition. Imagination and initiative is essential, and may offer opportunities for proposing product designs for jewellery and other products. Understanding alternative cultures would be a firm prerequisite.

Key Details

Working Week: Mon – Fri, 9.30 – 5.30
Remuneration: Subject to negotiation, commensurate with skills and experience.

Please apply in writing, (post or email), with CV and sample work portfolio, to:

Sue Moodie – Manager
Alchemy Studios
Hazel Drive,
Leicester LE3 2JE

moodie@alchemygroup.com

Click here for our online application form: www.alchemygroup.com/blog/?p=310

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #38421 by mihaela-v
Oh, my God! I have only seen this post right now. This is my dream job! I wish I would live in England :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.225 seconds