Show Navigation Menu
All things Alchemy.

Earrings

More
11 years 10 months ago #38259 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Earrings was created by iHauntTheSepulchre
I have really small ears and so I can't actually wear earrings like the Dragon's Lure and well...I only discovered this after buying it. Basically, what happens is when I have the little spike thing in the hole in my earlobe the top bit that's meant to curl around the rest of your ear is too long (or high up - take your pick) and it won't hook over my ear. It just swings down and hangs (which is rather painful).
I know pewter is quite soft, so is there any way I could safely bend them to fit my ears?

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #38260 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Earrings
Yes, you can bend it. You first have to heat up the pewter a bit so you can do it.
Try using a hair-dryer and slowly heat the earring where you want to bend it. The pewter won't melt totally out of shape, but you don't really need a lot of heat for such a small piece, just be careful.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
11 years 10 months ago #38261 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re: Earrings
The Dragon's Lure earring is a bit taller than some of the other similair styles of earring which I found out after I bought it. I used the procedure described by black magnolia and it worked perfectly. You just have to be patient and work it slowly because if you force it you run the risk of breaking it.

More
11 years 10 months ago #38265 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Replied by iHauntTheSepulchre on topic Re: Earrings
Thanks for that. I'll give it a go once I get back home and have access to a hair dryer.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

Time to create page: 0.242 seconds