Show Navigation Menu
All things Alchemy.

Welcome to the tea party

More
12 years 4 months ago #36954 by NakedGhost
I am astounded by the fact that Alchemy Gothic, as an English company, has not (to my knowledge) produced a single tea set! Their barware and absinthe collections are lovely, their tableware is/was...interesting, yet well designed; clearly they have the chops to design such a thing. What's more goth than cozying up with a cup of tea on a dreary night, what is more refined than an elegant gothic tea party? Nothing, I say!

Besides, the Empire collection could use a tea service, steampunks are Victoriana and therefore should be forced to observe a proper tea time.

So what say you all? I personally would love a skull and bone themed tea set with a pot, cups, plates, sugar and creamer. A mix of porcelain and pewter would be very interesting and unique I think. Would you use an AG tea set? What sort of design would you like to see?

Love, peace & Earl Grey,
Ghost

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #36957 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Welcome to the tea party
Skulls aren't to my tastes, but I would love a tea set. :P I'd like something more along the lines of elegant, winding pewter ivy designs around the main teapot/teacup or something as opposed to heavy skull usage.

Doesn't sit well in my mind to make a heavily metallish looking teapot, but that's my taste. :)

More
12 years 4 months ago #36959 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Oh yes, a tea set would be amazing! I don't follow any customs but I do love a good tea party. ^^

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
12 years 4 months ago #36972 by cemwerewolf
Such a wonderful idea! Though I'm not a tea drinker myself (I'm sure a couple of my ancestors are rolling over in their graves right now) I have this strange facination with tea sets. I think Envy's idea about the ivy sounds fabulous!

More
12 years 4 months ago #36976 by black_magnolia
I'd rather go for a rose and/or bat design for a tea set.
Not a fan of skulls; but the ivy idea sounds cool too. :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 3 months ago #37227 by DaTenshi
Now that it was mentioned, it makes sense :ohmy: lol
Yes I would love a tea set too :kiss: skulls and roses and ivy are good ideas :)
I think some kind of vines or angels theme would be nice too ^o^

Time to create page: 0.261 seconds