Show Navigation Menu
All things Alchemy.

Counterfeit Alchemy Products

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #35413 by firensia
While browsing eBay today, I discovered a couple necklaces that seemed eerily similar (almost identical, in fact) to items by Alchemy Gothic. At first, I thought they might be original but then I realized the prices were way too low be Alchemy. After searching the Alchemy product database, I managed to spot a couple differences between the real and fake. Below are two pictures of previously mentioned items:
Warning: Spoiler!
Warning: Spoiler!

Now, the disturbing part of this is that the same seller actually sells (supposedly) original Alchemy products at their suggested RRP as well so they should have known that these fake ones were cheap knockoffs.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by firensia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #35414 by black_magnolia
Ah, there are tons of Alchemy fakes around... :S

Basically the sellers just put something generic in the item's description, rare are those idiots who use openly Alchemy in the description, so if you for example search on ebay with the term alchemy gothic, you generally won't come across them, but if you search for example 'gothic cross pendant', 'bat pendant', etc. you'll come across a huge amount of items which are pirated Alchemy design.

Especially the discontinued Alchemy designs are a favourite of pirates. I saw the Karnstein Jewel pendant copied a hundred times.

Some items are awfully cheap and also look the part, others sometimes look quite nice like the examples Firensia posted.

Generally, when you find such an item, it would be best if you would report it to info@alchemygroup.com

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 7 months ago #35419 by firensia
Alright, I'll definitely report it. I think it sucks that people would buy these fakes. I would much rather save up and get the real thing (even if none of my friends are familiar with Alchemy, I am). It's not fair to copy people's designs.

More
12 years 7 months ago #35424 by black_magnolia
firensia wrote:

Alright, I'll definitely report it. I think it sucks that people would buy these fakes. I would much rather save up and get the real thing (even if none of my friends are familiar with Alchemy, I am). It's not fair to copy people's designs.

I agree with you!

On top of that, it's just awful to see! I mean, you sure wouldn't walk around in a fake *insert some very popular brand name* when everybody would know it's a fake?

Sadly, not a lot of people know of Alchemy (or some other famous alternative brands), just becasue a lot of people who are in the subculture don't bother educating themselves - they just copy the stuff they see other people wearing/doing.

So that the thread doesn't go dead, when you folks come across such fakes - report them to Alchemy and report them here with the place where you found them!

This way sellers will eventually be forced to stop selling such fake items because they are getting negative advertising.

Example (which I've already reported to Alchemy through the admin):

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 7 months ago #35426 by firensia
black_magnolia wrote:

Example (which I've already reported to Alchemy through the admin):

The links are dead. :) But that's a good sign since it probably means they were forced to take them down. Now, I found another site (from China this time) that is selling Alchemy knockoffs wholesale. Minimum order 120 pieces. :lol: Wow. Chinese manufacturers can fake anything. Last year, I was looking for an Evenstar pendant (Arwen's necklace from Lord Of The Rings for those of you who may not be as obsessed as I am) and there were a bunch of fakes. Finally got an original one from a respected dealer but still. With so many counterfeits around, you have to be careful where you shop. I've even seen fake Tripp and Lip Service items being sold.

More
12 years 7 months ago #35429 by Envy
:S Wow..I hadn't really thought of that..But I think spotting fake/cheap jewellery is pretty easy. They have weird plastic-y looks about them..

Clothes on the other hand I may struggle with..

Time to create page: 0.293 seconds