Show Navigation Menu
All things Alchemy.

Shapes and Symbols.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #31064 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

Madam_Mim wrote:

I think twice before I buy jewelry with religious symbols such as crosses and Star of David and the like - because I'm an atheist, but otherwise I buy the jewelry that I like without thinking too much about what others think. :woohoo:

Oh that's true, I'm wary of things like that due to being atheist as well.

I dislike pentagrams.. :P

I'm also wary about crosses and David's stars becasue of the religious context, but I don't have a problem with pentagrams. I really detaste inverted pentagrams and crosses...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by black_magnolia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #31137 by Serpenvicis
Replied by Serpenvicis on topic Re: Shapes and Symbols.
I like ravens and skulls. I'm not such fan of crosses, but I can stand them. For example, I like Draconkreuz and Fall of Byzantium necklaces, mostly because of the dragons on them. I just adore dragons :kiss: If that counts as symbol :huh: As far as religious symbols like Star of David,I avoid them. Pentagrams don't present me some bigger problem. Oh, and I like roses :)

Wanting to be like someone else, we forget who we really are.

More
13 years 2 months ago #31191 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re: Shapes and Symbols.
I don't seek out, or avoid, certain shapes or symbols. It really just depends on the overall design, as to whether I like something or not. I'm far from Christian, but I do have a couple of necklaces with crosses on them, which are among my favourite pieces. I don't think anyone would mistake them for a religious item though.

I tend to look more at the colour of something as well. I wouldn't buy anything in gold or bronze, because it just wouldn't go with any of my outfits. And as for stones or crystals, I tend to go for blue, purple, red, black. Not so fussy on the green/yellow/orange colours.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #31223 by black_magnolia
Morgana wrote:

I don't seek out, or avoid, certain shapes or symbols. It really just depends on the overall design, as to whether I like something or not. I'm far from Christian, but I do have a couple of necklaces with crosses on them, which are among my favourite pieces. I don't think anyone would mistake them for a religious item though.

I tend to look more at the colour of something as well. I wouldn't buy anything in gold or bronze, because it just wouldn't go with any of my outfits. And as for stones or crystals, I tend to go for blue, purple, red, black. Not so fussy on the green/yellow/orange colours.

I'm becoming slightly more open to wearing crosses. I'm not going to buy a ton of them now or become Catholic, but I had some stuff happen in my life and talked with some people, which made me see things differently.
I find it natural to evolve with time, so I'm not against changes. :)

When it comes to colours, I go for green, purple, red. Don't count black and white as colours, but I don't have problems with white/translucant crystals or black ones either. I don't like blue or orange crystals, so those I really avoid. Really dark-blue crystals are ok, but then the rest of the design has to be special for me to consider buying an item. Fortunately Alchemy doesn't have a lot of blue stuff. :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by black_magnolia.

Time to create page: 0.241 seconds