Show Navigation Menu
All things Alchemy.

Shapes and Symbols.

More
13 years 2 months ago #31020 by Envy
Shapes and Symbols. was created by Envy
:) Curious. Do shapes and symbols on Alchemy jewellery either put you off or encourage you to buy some pieces?

For me - Hearts, skulls and circles will usually make me think twice before buying things.

If something has hearts on, I have to think about how visible it is and how long I could wear it without it looking out of place..E.g. The Elizabethan ring/bracelet. After thinking about it, I'd be more likely to buy the bracelet because the hearts aren't so stark when they're on your wrist as opposed to a more slender finger.

As for skulls - If they're too visible, I just won't buy an item.. :S But I think they're okay when they're quite small - E.g. Bride of Corinth ring or Bleeding Heart pendant, where skulls aren't too large or the main focus.

And for circles - I just dislike them. :woohoo: I can't explain it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #31024 by black_magnolia
I agree on the skulls! I rather like jewellery that doesn't have them, or at least that they are discreet. Again, that really depends from design to design. I rather like the 'Love Unto Death' necklace...

Don't have a problem with hearts. Again, it really depends from design to design. I don't really like the Elizabethan ring and bracelet much, or the Betrothal ring and the Bleeding Heart set; but I love my 'Black Heart' ring and 'Web of Love' necklace. The 'Coeur Sauvage' pendant is on my wish list...

I adore bats, so almost any Alchemy item with a bat detail is a must buy for me. Only if I really don't like the bat design, that may put me off, but generally there are just one or two bat pieces that I don't like...

Can't really think about other things that put me off in the sense of this topic.

Oh, do crosses count? I generally avoid them at all costs, but I do have the Dark Kiss pendant... I've come to like it because in my eyes the coffin is more in the centre of attention then the cross part, so my cross-aversion isn't so strong... :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #31025 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Shapes and Symbols.
Oh!

I dislike crosses too! The closest thing to a cross that I bought was..Draconkreuz. But that's because I love slight coils and wings and it's not reaaally a cross if you look closely.

Same reason I love my 'Chemical Wedding' pendant..The little coiled tail and the wings..:P

Hm. Come to think of it, I quite like Alchemy items that have little coiled designs..E.g. Eden pendant. ^.^ Though I don't know if others would count coils as a shape.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by Envy.

More
13 years 2 months ago #31039 by nwbevk
Replied by nwbevk on topic Re: Shapes and Symbols.
I'm a fan of the skull items. Love the skulls, bats, the few wolf items, and the spider with or without webs. Not much for the crosses, though I do have one Alchemy pendant with a cross, can't remember what it's called, is an old piece, came together but is techinically two pieces, differet colored crosses with half a skull on each side, that go together like a best friends heart thingy, each side of the skull says \"until death\", one side has the female symbol the other the male symbol. Don't wear that one to often, but from time to time.

Normally not much for hearts either, but like the overall designs on the Alchemy ones, specially the black heart with wings, just got that design on a piece of belly jewlery for a bday gift (:

Keep thinking of more things, don't care for squares, probly cause I have alot of experiance hurting myself on sharp corners. Perfer smooth, wavey shapes.

More
13 years 2 months ago #31048 by Madam_Mim
Replied by Madam_Mim on topic Re: Shapes and Symbols.
I think twice before I buy jewelry with religious symbols such as crosses and Star of David and the like - because I'm an atheist, but otherwise I buy the jewelry that I like without thinking too much about what others think. :woohoo:

More
13 years 2 months ago #31062 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Shapes and Symbols.
Madam_Mim wrote:

I think twice before I buy jewelry with religious symbols such as crosses and Star of David and the like - because I'm an atheist, but otherwise I buy the jewelry that I like without thinking too much about what others think. :woohoo:

Oh that's true, I'm wary of things like that due to being atheist as well.

I dislike pentagrams.. :P

Time to create page: 0.327 seconds