Show Navigation Menu
All things Alchemy.

Alchemy Themes for Blackberry phones

More
13 years 3 months ago #29997 by devils_kin
Envy wrote:

Mm I'm just not going to say anything but approve of the advice given above.

The fact you've claimed to have made these for over a year now without knowing this information just. Er. Worries me. I just hope that you haven't made more with Alchemy artwork and distributed them already. Or done the same with other people's artwork..

Don't know whether to call you cheeky, brave or silly for posting this up without that kind of research. :huh:

Well. Tell us how it goes with licensing.

I've not been making \"Alchemy Themes\" for over a year. Otherwise I'd have come here sooner. I make all kinds of themes.

As I've stated before, I've made no profit using the Alchemy images what so every and will quickly respect any judgement pasted down from Alchemy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #29998 by Envy
\"The theme is in a store but it's being given away for free & is not promoted as a Alchemy theme. There is currently on captial gain.\"

I would've thought the fact it's being given away for free would be helping to promote the store which is offering it, as it would attract people who would then look at other things the store is selling which does cost. That's just my interpretation of 'commercially promotional' though. Generally stores giving things away for free where I live would come under 'commercially promotional'.

\"I'm only here out of respect unlike the millions who are taking the images and not asking. I'm not trying to make an issue here. I'm just trying to do the right thing.\"

Mmk that's a fair point. I just got the impression from your initial post that you were 'only out to make a bit of cash'. Wouldn't it have made more sense to ask before you went ahead and used the images though?

I don't mean to come across as. Hm. Hostile, in case you're thinking that. I'm just saying..

Oh and..Side-note - It's much easier to edit a post rather than double post within a matter of minutes.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by Envy.

More
13 years 3 months ago #30000 by black_magnolia
The PUL may be a bit grey for those that are law laymans, otherwise it's quite clear.
The \"commercially promotional\" part isn't really in your favour but it's Alchemy's call to see what they'll do. I don't want to go ahead and state anything, you'll see what the licensing department replies to you.
It's always the best idea to check with the copyright holder what is ok and what not, because you'll then be sure you won't get sued.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 3 months ago #30002 by devils_kin
Thank you all again for your insight and posts. I've removed the theme from distribution until I hear from Licensing.

Again, I mean no disrespect to anyone. I'm only a huge fan that had the means to promote my interest in Alchemy. I think that the images are awesome and wanted to share. Obviously my interpretaion of the PUL was wrong. I really hope this doesn't get legal. I could have just kept my mouth shut & continued doing what I was doing on the slim chance of getting caught. I've put myself out here to make sure I wasn't hurting anyone because I respect and love the Alchemy product. I'd hate to get in trouble for trying to do the right thing after possibly screwing up in the first place.

More
13 years 3 months ago #30006 by black_magnolia
devils_kin wrote:

Thank you all again for your insight and posts. I've removed the theme from distribution until I hear from Licensing.

Again, I mean no disrespect to anyone. I'm only a huge fan that had the means to promote my interest in Alchemy. I think that the images are awesome and wanted to share. Obviously my interpretaion of the PUL was wrong. I really hope this doesn't get legal. I could have just kept my mouth shut & continued doing what I was doing on the slim chance of getting caught. I've put myself out here to make sure I wasn't hurting anyone because I respect and love the Alchemy product. I'd hate to get in trouble for trying to do the right thing after possibly screwing up in the first place.

You made the right thing asking here and the folks at Alchemy are reasonable people so I'm sure this will turn out ok.
We are all humans and do mistakes, unfortunately tough, ignorantia legis neminem excusat (ignorance of the law excuses no one), so keep that in mind for the future...
But as I said, wait for a reply, till then don't worry yourself so much.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 3 months ago #30117 by devils_kin
Still no word from licensing.

Time to create page: 0.269 seconds