Show Navigation Menu
All things Alchemy.

Alchemy Themes for Blackberry phones

More
13 years 3 months ago #29985 by devils_kin
Hello Everyone,
I've been making themes for paticular BlackBerry phone models for over a year new. My latest one is called \"DReW25 Corsair's Curse\". Obviously by the name I incorporated the Alchemy image by the same name from your web site. It's posted for free are per the PEU agreement. It can be found at mobihand.com if you search for it by name. I'd like to charge a small fee for my work. Who do I talk to about this?
Thanx, DReW

This is the post at CrackBerry.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #29988 by Kuroboshi
Firstly, upon my interpretation of the Private Use License, you can't distribute those. I could be wrong though.

Secondly, if you wish to distribute and charge for those, you'll need to apply for this: www.alchemy-licensing.com/index.php?opti...ticle&id=48&Itemid=2

More
13 years 3 months ago #29989 by black_magnolia
devils_kin wrote:

Hello Everyone,
I've been making themes for paticular BlackBerry phone models for over a year new. My latest one is called \"DReW25 Corsair's Curse\". Obviously by the name I incorporated the Alchemy image by the same name from your web site. It's posted for free are per the PEU agreement. It can be found at mobihand.com if you search for it by name. I'd like to charge a small fee for my work. Who do I talk to about this?
Thanx, DReW

This is the post at CrackBerry.com

You obviously didn't read or understand at all the PRIVATE USE LICENSE agreement!
www.alchemygothic.com/pul-agreement.html

If you want to distribute and charge for those, then you need a COMMERCIAL LICENSE from Alchemy!
www.alchemy-licensing.com/index.php?opti...ticle&id=48&Itemid=2

I hope you know that you need a private use licence in the first place if you want to use the artwork like that just for yourself: www.alchemygothic.com/private-use-license.html

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 3 months ago #29990 by devils_kin
You're right. I am not have fully understood the agreements. I've written an email to licensing describing in much more detail what I've done. I will do as directed by them. Thank you all for your help.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #29992 by Envy
Mm I'm just not going to say anything but approve of the advice given above.

The fact you've claimed to have made these for over a year now without knowing this information just. Er. Worries me. I just hope that you haven't made more with Alchemy artwork and distributed them already. Or done the same with other people's artwork..

Don't know whether to call you cheeky, brave or silly for posting this up without that kind of research. :huh:

Well. Tell us how it goes with licensing.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by Envy.

More
13 years 3 months ago #29994 by devils_kin
From the PLU:
Non-Commercial Websites & Computers. e.g. desktop wallpapers, Facebook pages, personal web pages of a non-commercial nature, etc. Please note: Any unauthorised use of any Alchemy Property on websites or My Space pages, etc, which can be deemed to be commercially promotional or profit-making is strictly forbidden and illegal.

This seems grey for the area inwhich I'm using the Alchemy images. I do sell some themes but not the one listed above because of the PLU. The theme is in a store but it's being given away for free & is not promoted as a Alchemy theme. There is currently on captial gain.

If Licensing tells me to remove the items, I will with out question, respect that. If they say that I can distribute the images in my themes as long as they're free, that's be cool and can only promote Alchemy. If they let me incorporate the images in my themes that I only recieve $1.79 for before taxes, great.

I'm only here out of respect unlike the millions who are taking the images and not asking. I'm not trying to make an issue here. I'm just trying to do the right thing.

Thank you for your responces. I will post the outcome from Alchemy's Licensing Dept.

Time to create page: 0.270 seconds