Show Navigation Menu
All things Alchemy.

Cleaning Your Alchemy Items

More
12 years 1 day ago #38077 by iHauntTheSepulchre
black_magnolia wrote:

iHauntTheSepulchre wrote:

How does one go about cleaning an pewter absinthe spoon (Alchemy of course)? I know the booklet that came with it said not to stick it in a dishwasher (not that that's ever going to happen because I don't have one) but can I use a small amount of just normal dishwashing liquid and warm water?

Yeah, you just wash it like normal dish wear in the sink. :)
They say not to put it in a dishwasher because the detergent used there is very abrasive and the temperature is much higher then what your hands (or pewter) could handle. :silly:

Oh great, thanks for that!

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #38094 by Smaugje
If you use the polish for iron products, in works miraculous!

More
11 years 10 months ago #38273 by TrymBeast
I have one ring that is getting black, so I read in some websites to clean it with mild detergent because it wont damage the jewellery for it is ph = 7.

But the soapy warm water seems better has I don't have to go out and search for this type of detergents.
I'll try it out this weekend.

More
11 years 10 months ago #38274 by firensia
TrymBeast wrote:

I have one ring that is getting black, so I read in some websites to clean it with mild detergent because it wont damage the jewellery for it is ph = 7.

But the soapy warm water seems better has I don't have to go out and search for this type of detergents.
I'll try it out this weekend.

I always clean my jewelry with a Mr Clean magic eraser. Works perfectly. Gets them looking new again and it's non abrasive. :)

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

Time to create page: 0.333 seconds