Show Navigation Menu
All things Alchemy.

UL13 & UL17 Alchemy

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #21723 by black_magnolia
I've noticed that we haven't discussed these jewellery ranges...

I've noticed that there are more UL13 items in comparison to the UL17 range that is designed for girls.
I don't really like any of the stuff, maybe with the exception of the swallow studs and swallow heart necklace. edit: I missed the belt-buckles, the \"hell bound\" buckle doesn't look so bad either.

What is your opinion?

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by black_magnolia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #21724 by Zilknitha
Replied by Zilknitha on topic Re:UL13 & UL17 Alchemy
I like the razor blade necklace but apart from that....
I'm just not too sure about the items that are targeted for girls, i do think it is more hard punk than goth even though they have become very alkie these days(so i think). It does look alot like the old school tatoo style that was popular, or american biker culture. Personaly i'm just not fond of the look of it all.

More
13 years 10 months ago #21726 by black_magnolia
Zilknitha wrote:

i do think it is more hard punk than goth

It isn't goth at all, nobody said anything about it being goth.

\"Designed predominantly with the largely neglected, contemporary male dudes in mind, the UL13 collection is replete with classic and retro tattoo and rock symbolism, biker’s and boarder’s icons, etc, but woven-through with that distinctive Alchemy pedigree.\"

It's clearly designed for the rocker/biker subculture.

And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 10 months ago #21731 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:UL13 & UL17 Alchemy
The style just isn't my 'kind of thing' at all.

I think that's the whole idea of the UL types of jewellery..To broaden the range of people who are 'into' Alchemy things, which is why most people on these forums will probably either like the 'gothic' series or the 'UL' series and not both.

More
13 years 10 months ago #21736 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

I think that's the whole idea of the UL types of jewellery..To broaden the range of people who are 'into' Alchemy things, which is why most people on these forums will probably either like the 'gothic' series or the 'UL' series and not both.

I agree with you. I can't imagine myself wearing any of the UL stuff, but I did think about getting the swallow jewellery stuff for a friend who is a gothabilly chick. I wouldn't buy anything for a friend that I didn't at least like to some degree.

And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 10 months ago #21740 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:UL13 & UL17 Alchemy
black_magnolia wrote:

Envy wrote:

I agree with you. I can't imagine myself wearing any of the UL stuff, but I did think about getting the swallow jewellery stuff for a friend who is a gothabilly chick. I wouldn't buy anything for a friend that I didn't at least like to some degree.

Oh, out of all the UL stuff, the things with swallows on are probably the only things I'd ever consider liking, the same type of liking I'd have for something like..'Hello Kitty'..Probably just because the design is pretty simple and it's not excessively biker-rockabilly-ish. It's just quite cute to have swallows, as it is cute to have Hello Kitty things. :P

Time to create page: 0.264 seconds