Show Navigation Menu

Money

More
14 years 4 months ago #10028 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Money Money Money
cemwerewolf wrote:

I'm usually really good at saving money but every once in awhile my will power decides to take a vacation. It's really hard when most of your money goes out to bills as soon as you get it. You just want to treat yourself to something and the longer you're good the bigger that something gets. One of these days I'm going to have to get my husband to lock me out of eBay! I tend to get carried away every now and then . . .

I go overboard on eBay - Especially during exam-time and times of stress, but to be honest, eBay is much better generally for watching your money than if you were to go out into the high street, seeing as most things on eBay have quite a lot knocked off their original price, even 'as new', and you can compare the same product with varied prices to an extent.

I know that I'd much rather impulse-buy on eBay than on the high-street. :S And with auctions, you have a certain amount of time to think about what you're buying and how much you're willing to pay.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10046 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Money Money Money
I don't really like Ebay that much. They sometimes have good auctions, but I never had any luck with them.
I find that all the AG products are mostly overpriced, I know a website that is about 3 pounds under all the ebay prices for all the things they have in stock.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10067 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Money Money Money
black_magnolia wrote:

I don't really like Ebay that much. They sometimes have good auctions, but I never had any luck with them.
I find that all the AG products are mostly overpriced, I know a website that is about 3 pounds under all the ebay prices for all the things they have in stock.

It does depend on luck. I usually save searches on AG products I'm after and just lurk-and-search every once in a while until I come across a cheap auction. I don't usually feel the need to buy something *immediately* - Not with the cash I have on hand. :laugh:

More
14 years 4 months ago #10090 by The Wretched Spawn
I always spend money before I get it, like I will have $20 so I will go and order all new jewelery leaving a little deposit, not thinking how much I will have to fork out when it actually come in

What is a day without a blessed night?
And what is peace without a blessed fight?

A quick taste of the poison, a quick twist of the knife
When the obsession with death becomes a way of life

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #10141 by vampirelycanthrope13
Christmas is coming up, and so a lot of my money is being spent on christmas presents for family and friends, but it's worth it, as i know they'll all appreciate what i've got them :)

What my group of friends is doing this christmas to save money is secret santa. Each of us draws a name out of a hat, and then buys that person a present. We chose a £10 limit and we can buy that person whatever we want to. It's a good idea for us, as we're a medium sized group of friends, and this way we all get a nice present that was thought out well, and we all end up spending less money than we probably would've if we'd all brought a present for every member of the group, so it's a good plan for us :)
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by vampirelycanthrope13.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10143 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Money Money Money
vampirelycanthrope13 wrote:

What my group of friends is doing this christmas to save money is secret santa. Each of us draws a name out of a hat, and then buys that person a present. We chose a £10 limit and we can buy that person whatever we want to. It's a good idea for us, as we're a medium sized group of friends, and this way we all get a nice present that was thought out well, and we all end up spending less money than we probably would've if we'd all brought a present for every member of the group, so it's a good plan for us :)

This is really a good idea!
I think I saw this principle on \"Friends\" the tv-series. :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.353 seconds