Show Navigation Menu

Money

More
14 years 4 months ago #10508 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Money Money Money
cemwerewolf wrote:

Here's a good money related question . . . why is it that when ever you finally get the slightest bit ahead financially, some expensive emergency comes up? (I'm of course assuming that this doesn't just happen to me.)

Because it would also come when you weren't ahead financially and bite you in the head.
It's better if it comes when you have the money then when you're broke.
Happens to me all the time - I have to make a stash somewhere and forget it exists for a time or I'll never save money... A the moment, the money I \"saved\" is in fact the money I lent to a friend that was in dire need, but when I get it back I'll probably just spend it right in the first shop... :S

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10511 by PermeliaOpus
Replied by PermeliaOpus on topic Re:Money Money Money
We need another funny because of my words of negativity.

"I'm not crazy, I just don't give a fuck!"
Attachments:

More
14 years 4 months ago #10532 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Money Money Money
cemwerewolf wrote:

Here's a good money related question . . . why is it that when ever you finally get the slightest bit ahead financially, some expensive emergency comes up? (I'm of course assuming that this doesn't just happen to me.)

That happens to my husband and I all the time as well... Murphy's Law, I suppose. Right now I'm trying to save for a new furnace. We were told over a year ago that this one likely only has a couple of years left in it, but we may get as many as 5 years. Whenever it packs it in though, I'm sure it'll be absolutely freezing out. But hopefully nothing else will blow up at the same time... fingers crossed!

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #10548 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Money Money Money
cemwerewolf wrote:

Ugh..That reminds me of my ex. He was on benefits and he basically found ways to get past having them cut off (illegal ways, I may add - I later reported to the authorities when I was in a safer position to do so). He was infuriated when he had to suddenly spend 4k on furnishing a new flat, even though he gets handed a free 250 pounds every 2 weeks for doing nothing..And the rest of us have to work hard for money like that.

*Grumbles*..He attempted to blackmail me to get money out of me as well, even though he knew I had worked honestly for all of mine.
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by Envy.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10555 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Money Money Money
You all have my condolences. I suppose I'm a bit bitter because I've had a real bad stretch over the last while. Then there was a light at the end of the tunnel and I was able to make a purchase that was really needed. And then the battery in my car died on a day that was -40C. So now I'm in the hole again and I don't think I'm going to be climbing out anytime soon. It's hard when you behave and save all your pennies, pay the bills on time, deny yourself many things. Then you never get a break. Kinda makes you wonder what's the point?

More
14 years 4 months ago #10564 by necie1286
Replied by necie1286 on topic Re:Money Money Money
sometimes it dose seam like why bother saveing if things are going to always go bad and your money is always gone.

Time to create page: 0.307 seconds