Show Navigation Menu

Money

More
14 years 4 months ago #10145 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Money Money Money
I'm very good about living within my means. My pay goes directly into my bank account, and almost all my bills come out automatically, so I never have any late charges. I do have one credit card, but it's for emergencies only, and I always, without fail, pay off the bill in full on the due date, to avoid paying interest. My husband once accused me of being \"hideously practical\", but I take that as a compliment.

For any treats or personal shopping, I always pay cash. That way I know exactly what I've spent, and I can't spend any more than I have with me at that moment. It seems more \"real\" to me to hand over the money, rather than just swipe a card. I hate the thought of being in debt for anything. To me, if you owe money, that means there is something in your possession that you don't actually own, and it could be taken away if you don't keep up the payments.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10161 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Money Money Money
I'm too good at saving, due to my dad and the way he was raised, and it was so long since I actually bought clothes that I forgot how to do...

Too good means I (before, getting better now) couldn't buy ANYHING that wasn't almost for free. Which also means my newest clothes where more then a few years old...

But now I've sorted out my wardrobe, and when I see how much shit I had in there that I never used (and what I never used but would be good with my new corsett) and what little I had left that I actually used... I just have to get out shopping clothes!
Or at least learn how to sew, as most clothes never just is what I want... not even Alchemy clothes!

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 4 months ago #10169 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Money Money Money
vampirelycanthrope13 wrote:

What my group of friends is doing this christmas to save money is secret santa. Each of us draws a name out of a hat, and then buys that person a present. We chose a £10 limit and we can buy that person whatever we want to. It's a good idea for us, as we're a medium sized group of friends, and this way we all get a nice present that was thought out well, and we all end up spending less money than we probably would've if we'd all brought a present for every member of the group, so it's a good plan for us :)

Ahh a group of my friends and I used to do 'Secret Santa' every Christmas. The problem was, everyone was too curious about who had gotten their name and within a week, we'd all know who had who. :woohoo: Every year, without fail..

More
14 years 4 months ago #10184 by necie1286
Replied by necie1286 on topic Re:Money Money Money
i hate being broke all the time. i try and save up but then the money has to go to something. this year i wish i could get my best freind something good. also my 23th brithday is coming up on Dec 31th and i wish we had money to be able to do something. i wanted to have a small party soon but we have no money to do it. i'm hopeing to do something in Jan.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10216 by The Wretched Spawn
I am running it so close this Christmas, I am even visiting my dad whom I never see because I hate him just so I can get money to buy presents for people, oh to be rich....

What is a day without a blessed night?
And what is peace without a blessed fight?

A quick taste of the poison, a quick twist of the knife
When the obsession with death becomes a way of life

More
14 years 4 months ago #10223 by necie1286
Replied by necie1286 on topic Re:Money Money Money
it would be nice to be rich. i hate being broke around this time of year with both christmas and my brithday right after it. and i have a few freinds brithdays in this month also.

Time to create page: 0.284 seconds