Show Navigation Menu

Money

More
14 years 5 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #9961 by black_magnolia
Money was created by black_magnolia
Global recession is still hitting everyone's pockets and we're all short on money,
so not to spam and moan everywhere how if I wasn't broke, I would buy this and that etc. let us spam here! ;)
So everything regarding money, how to save it, how to spend it etc. can be posted here.
Tell your fellow forum members for what are you currently saving money, tips on saving it, tips on wisely spending it, where you can find good bargains, where not to shop, anything on the topic of money that you can think of. :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by black_magnolia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9982 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Money Money Money
I'm awful at spending - I'm fine with money earned from work, seeing as that goes straight into my bank and I don't touch my bank, but any money I gain e.g. from parents, ends up being spent. One of the reasons I won't take money out. :woohoo: I know I won't put any back in.

I think it's due to the fact I'm really wary of putting money into my bank/taking it back out..I end up thinking \"I'll save a certain amount and then put it all in at once\", but by the time I've saved enough, I'll have found a million things I want to buy. I just have to limit myself to what's in my purse - At least I don't go into my bank money, I guess.

For bargains..I'm just always on eBay. :P Don't know where I'd be without it.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9998 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Money Money Money
Almost all the money I get comes to my bank account. Even my parents send it there. Can't really leave my account to accumulate anything.
Oh, the jolly times when you were living at home with your parents and didn't have to think about buying food, paying bills etc.
This month I somehow forgotten that I have bills to pay, was quite shocked when I found the water bill in the post box... How times flies...
I always pay the bills first because my ex room mate once forgot to pay the electricity bill and they turned it off! I then had to run through half the city to get it switched back and learned my lesson...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 5 months ago #10009 by knumpcy
Replied by knumpcy on topic Re:Money Money Money
I usually ebay or shop @ thrift stores, I stay away from Malls & Goodwill since they charge way too much for donated items and Walmart in my area is the best for groceries and other things. Also if it is a need or a want it is debated, valued and weighed the most important.

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity

More
14 years 5 months ago #10024 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Money Money Money
black_magnolia wrote:

Almost all the money I get comes to my bank account. Even my parents send it there. Can't really leave my account to accumulate anything.
Oh, the jolly times when you were living at home with your parents and didn't have to think about buying food, paying bills etc.
This month I somehow forgotten that I have bills to pay, was quite shocked when I found the water bill in the post box... How times flies...
I always pay the bills first because my ex room mate once forgot to pay the electricity bill and they turned it off! I then had to run through half the city to get it switched back and learned my lesson...

Eep! I'm half-dreading the day I move out due to the money factor. Had many people tell me that university life often includes coming home to a tin of baked beans in the cupboard, or waking up on someone else's floor. :laugh:

More
14 years 5 months ago #10025 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Money Money Money
I'm usually really good at saving money but every once in awhile my will power decides to take a vacation. It's really hard when most of your money goes out to bills as soon as you get it. You just want to treat yourself to something and the longer you're good the bigger that something gets. One of these days I'm going to have to get my husband to lock me out of eBay! I tend to get carried away every now and then . . .

Time to create page: 0.280 seconds