Show Navigation Menu

Things you want to do before you die?

More
14 years 4 months ago #10239 by Envy
Zenith wrote:

I think I have a very long list of things...I too want to improve my drawing and painting and the only way to do that is by practice and a bit of study, but practice is the best way...
I also want to grow my hair until it reaches my heels... get a tattoo of Poe (but I'll probably do that after I get a job to afford it, which is not too far away)
Of course, there are a lot of places in the world i want to visit...but that's as far as I want to do now, more ideas will come as time goes by.

Ahh! I know a guy's mum who has hair down to her ankles. It's amazing!

Not sure how I feel about tattoos..I love how they look on other people, but as for myself - I don't think I'd ever get one. I'd be so indecisive as to what I'd want anyway. :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10387 by The Wretched Spawn
I love tats, i have like my whole body planned i just need to get money

What is a day without a blessed night?
And what is peace without a blessed fight?

A quick taste of the poison, a quick twist of the knife
When the obsession with death becomes a way of life

More
14 years 4 months ago #10391 by Envy
The Wretched Spawn wrote:

I love tats, i have like my whole body planned i just need to get money

How much does one cost? Or is it priced on the design/size?

What puts me off is that it'd look strange as your skin aged.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10400 by cemwerewolf
The price of a tattoo varies depending on size, style, intricacy and also if the artist charges by the hour. The tattoos I currently have ranged in price from $50 - $200. The one I'm getting this January will be around $500 as it will be quite intricate and require a couple of sessions.

I have a list of about ten more tattoos that I really want to get before I die. There are also many books I wish to read and many I'd like to write. My biggest fear is to pass on before I've had a chance to get all these ideas out of my head and on to paper. Most of all though, the one thing I want to do is shed my fears and really become the person I want to be. I'm rather timid and hide many aspects of my personality. I think it would be supremely freeing to embrace my true self and show it to the world without fear . . .

More
14 years 4 months ago #10409 by scootiebee
My most expensive tat so far was about $300, it is the size of a dinner plate, and takes up most of my back. It is just line art though, no fill in, a celtic knot horseshoe with 3 horses in the center.

It depends who you go to, and how complex and large it will be. The very complex, very colorful skull and roses I just had done a few months ago on my shoulder is much smaller, but took longer, and cost less (different artist). Make sure you like the person you choose, interview different people, and look at their work before you go.

I want at least 3 more (planning and in the works), but I think once you start with tattoos, it is a slippery slope and you always want more.

And I agree, there are so many things to read before I die, that I will never finish that last. I just read 8 books in 10 days, because someone challenged me to do it. But even at that rate, I could never get through all that I want to read. And stupid me, I keep going back and rereading my favorites again and again on top of all the new books...

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10430 by black_magnolia
I was thinking of getting a few tattoos myself but wouldn't really count them as a thing I really want to do before I die. I won't be any less happy or satisfied with my life if I don't get them.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.283 seconds