Show Navigation Menu

Things you want to do before you die?

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #9959 by Envy
So: What do you want to achieve/accomplish before you die, what have you done so far that you're proud of, and why?

:)

I'd like to get to grade 8 in the three instruments I play at the moment and then follow it up by taking up the concert harp. I'd hope to become a barrister one day, and I want to get better at writing poetry, drawing/painting and composing music.

I also want to learn how to make my own clothes, see as much of the world as possible, and the only thing that I feel is worthy of the title 'achievement' would be climbing Mt. Snowdon and back down with no idea what I was doing. :P It was just a random family activity.

Think I'd die happy with that. Can't think of anything else for now.
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by Envy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #9964 by black_magnolia
I see that we have some things in common Envy.
For now my plans are:
Finishing university in the normal time frame.
Doing my bar exam.
Taking over my dad's office (he's a lawyer; in Croatia we don't differ solicitors and barristers).
Losing the extra weight - the most frustrating thing I've set upon myself.
Becoming an Aikido master.
Learning to sew clothes.
Getting back to my old swimming best (i.e. 50m crawl under 30 seconds)
And see as many countries as possible.

As to the achievements I'm very proud of, I can't mention any specific one. I achieved some stuff that others would be very proud of, but I don't really see them as that special.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 4 months ago #9988 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

I see that we have some things in common Envy.
For now my plans are:
Finishing university in the normal time frame.
Doing my bar exam.
Taking over my dad's office (he's a lawyer; in Croatia we don't differ solicitors and barristers).
Losing the extra weight - the most frustrating thing I've set upon myself.
Becoming an Aikido master.
Learning to sew clothes.
Getting back to my old swimming best (i.e. 50m crawl under 30 seconds)
And see as many countries as possible.

Wow, quite a few in common! :P

I guess I would've wanted to master a type of martial art before I died as well, but it's so late in my life to start taking one up now and I have such little time - Not to mention, I just don't think my body is cut out for it. >.<! I'm so clumsy and I fall over so easily. :woohoo:

Don't think I've been swimming since I was a child. I always felt so self-conscious in a swimsuit, especially during 'class swimming' when all of your classmates would sit at the side. I guess that's what put me off for life. Diving would be an interesting thing to try before dying, though. Being able to see the underwater world would be an experience indeed. :)

More
14 years 4 months ago #9997 by black_magnolia
@ Envy:

Aikido is a great martial art to begin whenever you like. It isn't based on physical strength like karate or some other arts. It isn't an art that you can't do just because you're not 8 years old any more. It's more the matter of your will.
My doctor now forbade me going to trainings for a month because I have mononucleosis, so I just go and watch the others train and desperately try not to go on the tatami and work with them - doesn't really work, last time a guy was doing \"falls\" and I couldn't watch him almost brake his neck, so I got out of my shoes, looked that the sensei wasn't watching and showed him myself... :blush: (I could just hear my doc yelling at me that my liver will burst. I felt it afterwords, so I won't be doing anything that stupid again. mono sucks. :S )

I also thought about scuba-diving but with my sight, I would have to buy special goggles with a dioptre and that would end up being too expensive of a sport...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10005 by scootiebee
Complete my kung fu black belt (only two belts away, but I have been out for so long, it will take a long time to get back to that point).
See more of the world
Clean out the garage

I will probably get around to the first two, the last is probably a hopeless task.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10027 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

@ Envy:

Aikido is a great martial art to begin whenever you like. It isn't based on physical strength like karate or some other arts. It isn't an art that you can't do just because you're not 8 years old any more. It's more the matter of your will.
My doctor now forbade me going to trainings for a month because I have mononucleosis, so I just go and watch the others train and desperately try not to go on the tatami and work with them - doesn't really work, last time a guy was doing \"falls\" and I couldn't watch him almost brake his neck, so I got out of my shoes, looked that the sensei wasn't watching and showed him myself... :blush: (I could just hear my doc yelling at me that my liver will burst. I felt it afterwords, so I won't be doing anything that stupid again. mono sucks. :S )

I also thought about scuba-diving but with my sight, I would have to buy special goggles with a dioptre and that would end up being too expensive of a sport...

Ouch! I might consider taking up aikido in later life, then, assuming I have the time (I'd love to experience working in London, although the cost of living and hectic lifestyle will probably be the death of me).

I never thought about eyesight - I'm short-sighted. >.<! I used to just swim with my glasses on, but I guess that wouldn't work with scuba-diving. Sometimes I loathe my limited eyesight.

Time to create page: 0.360 seconds