Show Navigation Menu

To be tall, or not to be tall.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9527 by Envy
Well..

Regarding height, I'm 5 foot. I'm British-born Chinese, so it's unlikely I'll ever grow much more. Doctor agreed, after seeing the height of my mum (basically 1 inch taller than I). :S

Get bashed around a bit whilst walking around college - Forest of legs. I've noticed kids generally become taller than me once they hit year 7 (my little brother's year). >.> *Grr*

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9541 by TricksterShade
Being tall may be attractive, but it would also bring inconvenience, especially when having conversations. Sometimes you need to bend down a litle bit to hear what people say or speak to them. Medium height would be the best :P

More
14 years 5 months ago #9542 by SkieShauphen
I don't mind being tall. It helps put a sense of dominance among others. I like to feel like I'm on top and it works.

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9554 by PermeliaOpus
I'm 5 8 I believe.
I want to be taller so that I can step on people. >=D

"I'm not crazy, I just don't give a fuck!"

More
14 years 5 months ago #9558 by Envy
TricksterShade wrote:

Being tall may be attractive, but it would also bring inconvenience, especially when having conversations. Sometimes you need to bend down a litle bit to hear what people say or speak to them. Medium height would be the best :P

Hah! The feelings are the same on the shorter end, most of the time I can't hear what people are saying because they're all *up there* and I'm just stuck in the world of legs. Things get ridiculous when platform heels only bring you to average height. :(

More
14 years 5 months ago #9559 by Envy
PermeliaOpus wrote:

I'm 5 8 I believe.
I want to be taller so that I can step on people. >=D

Well..I know who I need to stay away from. :woohoo:

I hate how people don't take me seriously because of my height and my gender. They say that men and women are treated equally, but it's not the case. Say that a 6 foot male and a 5 foot female had the same job with the same qualifications and the same standard of work - The female would seem a 'lesser' in comparison just for her gender and height. I noticed this a lot during work experience in law firms where there were many more tall, male lawyers and I even knew a few short female lawyers who demanded stools to stand on in court, just so that an opposing tall, male lawyer defending the other side wouldn't 'look down' on them and appear to have an upper hand.

If you ever wander around London, all of the businesswomen wear extremely tall heels as well - All of the businesspeople in London appear to be extra-tall compared to the typical city-goers. I seem to recall a study done into the height of males and their salaries and although I can't recall the exact details, I remember the gist of the results. For X amount of inches above average to a male's height, he earned X amount more per month/year, or something like that.

Time to create page: 0.357 seconds