Show Navigation Menu

Nervousness

More
14 years 5 months ago #9483 by StephenG
Replied by StephenG on topic Re:Nervousness
lets see:
I get nervous meeting new ppl
hell, i get nervous being online !
sometimes i'll be on here reading and replying to posts and I'll either just stop and stare cuz i don't like what i've wrote so far, or i'll stare blankly at the screen trying to think of what i want to say and how to word it.

:unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9494 by Zenith
Replied by Zenith on topic Re:Nervousness
I only get nervous when I'm done an injustice or when people do not respect each other and act like total hill-billies. I got nervous two weeks ago when I had to pick up my student ID from the secretary's office and I had nothing against standing in a queue, even a long one at long as people respect their order but when I got there there was no queue, just a big bunch of students standing in a large circle near the door of the secretery's office... I mean...wtf? It was like it was a mob...I got really angry and I left because I would have started insulting everyone aloud for being uncivilised animals!

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

More
14 years 5 months ago #9507 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Nervousness
I'm nervous when I'm chatting with an unknown person over the net. I feel nervous, uncomfortable till I get a feeling for that person. After a bit of time, I can see if that person is cold-hearted, aggressive, shy or any other \"type\" of person and so can also understand better the way they respond to me. Well, that's a two way road. If the person knows me better, then I know that they will know when I'm making a joke and not get offended or other. *sorry, rambling again*

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9521 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Nervousness
cemwerewolf wrote:

My nervousness is almost crippling when ever I enter into a new situation. I have very little confidence in myself so if I were to start a new job for instance, I'd be absolutely terrified that I'd screw something up. It takes quite awhile for me to calm down and find my stride. I hate it!

Argh..I messed up at an interview before because of nervousness. I end up speaking really really fast so the interviewers couldn't hear a word and I just looked like a panicking looney.

Didn't get through to the second stage of interviews. :woohoo:

More
14 years 5 months ago #9525 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Nervousness
black_magnolia wrote:

I'm nervous when I'm chatting with an unknown person over the net. I feel nervous, uncomfortable till I get a feeling for that person. After a bit of time, I can see if that person is cold-hearted, aggressive, shy or any other \"type\" of person and so can also understand better the way they respond to me. Well, that's a two way road. If the person knows me better, then I know that they will know when I'm making a joke and not get offended or other. *sorry, rambling again*

I guess it depends with people over the net. I'm not too bothered because on forums and games, they won't know who you are, just like you don't know who they are, so, if they turn out to be horrible, it doesn't matter. I only really feel uncomfortable when people seem to be a bit too friendly for first impressions, to the point of being creepy. Makes me very thankful for being able to conceal my face behind a screen.

Moving onto another rant - 'Facebook' really annoyed me for that privacy factor. They claim to keep your identity safe, and yet they don't allow you to hide your 'network', which is a means of finding your location as all networks are now either your previous or current schools, colleges and workplaces. And along with your profile picture, you have no way of fully concealing yourself unless you choose to have no profile pictures at all. :angry: I wrote in and they ignored my complaint completely. Makes me feel vulnerable to online predators.

*Rant over*

More
14 years 5 months ago #9534 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Nervousness
Envy wrote:

Moving onto another rant - 'Facebook' really annoyed me for that privacy factor. They claim to keep your identity safe, and yet they don't allow you to hide your 'network', which is a means of finding your location as all networks are now either your previous or current schools, colleges and workplaces. And along with your profile picture, you have no way of fully concealing yourself unless you choose to have no profile pictures at all. :angry: I wrote in and they ignored my complaint completely. Makes me feel vulnerable to online predators.

*Rant over*

You can remove your network completely. Half of my friends have not even one network and some have \"fake\" networks. Live in Croatia, but have Japan (and never been there).

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.289 seconds