Show Navigation Menu

I may grow old but I refuse to grow up!

More
14 years 5 months ago #9472 by Envy
I think inside everyone is a part that links back to 'childhood'..I know a great deal of older people who still like to have things like their first soft toy lying around, just for comfort really.

I'm not that 'old' at all, but I still have things from my 'childhood' around, because I have no shame. :woohoo: A lot of people I know still wish they'd rolled down more hills when they were younger etc., so we do things like that together on the odd occasion after a lot of sugar and caffeine, and it doesn't matter how stupid we look, because we're all looking stupid together.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9475 by cemwerewolf
Yes, sugar and caffeine seem to reduce some of the inhibitions of adulthood. My friends and I like doing some things that are considered childish - going to the zoo, amusement parks, even playgrounds when they aren't crawling with the little ones. And we have a blast! What's the point in living if you can't laugh at your own antics?

More
14 years 5 months ago #9492 by Zenith
I too have my plushes (although few), my figurines and my fairy-tale books which I still read and I too sometimes act immature, meaning I make a lot of silly jokes and laugh even more...sometimes I live out this by dressing cutesy and all girly but it always ends up like a dead-dolly look. I have a large collection og girly hair accessories. I'm oftenly seen with butterflies in my hair or pastel hair clips :laugh:

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

More
14 years 5 months ago #9501 by black_magnolia
I love going to the zoo! What's childish about going to the zoo? In fact, I see more adults in the zoo than kids! :silly:
I love watching those old Disney animated films. Especially when I'm feeling depressed or lonely I watch The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Alladin etc. Always makes me feel better. :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9529 by Envy
cemwerewolf wrote:

Yes, sugar and caffeine seem to reduce some of the inhibitions of adulthood. My friends and I like doing some things that are considered childish - going to the zoo, amusement parks, even playgrounds when they aren't crawling with the little ones. And we have a blast! What's the point in living if you can't laugh at your own antics?

I love going with a friend to the kids section of an amusement park - Haha. We nearly broke a ride after breaking into hysterics whilst on it, loaded with sugar of course - There was a button that made the elephant go up, and releasing it made the elephant go down..So we pressed the button on and off a little too much..And..Er..

More
14 years 5 months ago #9532 by Envy
Zenith wrote:

I too have my plushes (although few), my figurines and my fairy-tale books which I still read and I too sometimes act immature, meaning I make a lot of silly jokes and laugh even more...sometimes I live out this by dressing cutesy and all girly but it always ends up like a dead-dolly look. I have a large collection og girly hair accessories. I'm oftenly seen with butterflies in my hair or pastel hair clips :laugh:

I still use the dolly-look when I dress up, but being British-born Chinese, I look really young anyway. I think it's good to keep in touch with the side that reads fairy-tales etc..It gives you something to pass onto any future children or neices/nephews. I have a friend who moved to England from Ukraine which meant she never knew any English fairy-tales - I plan on changing that this Christmas. :) (Should be no chance of her using these forums and seeing this - I hope).

Time to create page: 0.284 seconds