Show Navigation Menu

I may grow old but I refuse to grow up!

More
14 years 1 month ago #18676 by scootiebee
I know HOW to sew, it is finding the time to do it, and the money to spend on fabric, etc. It can actually cost more to sew for yourself than to buy clothing!

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #18705 by Envy
scootiebee wrote:

I know HOW to sew, it is finding the time to do it, and the money to spend on fabric, etc. It can actually cost more to sew for yourself than to buy clothing!

I understand completely! I would only go to the bother of making something if it was reaaally unique and something I really really wanted to own.

When I'm working, I try to think of things in terms of \"How much could I make working on minimum wage in the time it takes to do this?\"

:woohoo: Few things I make are really worth the time.
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by Envy.

More
14 years 1 month ago #18735 by scootiebee
Yeah, I have thought about making some bustle skirts, but I would have to design them myself, and that would take so long it wouldn't be worth it anymore. But if I could work up a pattern, I could have them short and long in every color of the rainbow if I wanted. But I just don't have the time to invest in it. I want to get a pattern for bloomers, figure a pattern wouldn't be hard to find, and the fabric wouldn't be expensive, just cotton poplin or something similar, to wear under my short skirts in summer. I figure they would also be easy to make, not take much time.

I have also thought of making petticoats, since they are pretty basic to make. It is just hard to sew tulle or other fluffy, flimsy fabrics. They slip and slide around in the machine. And I lose patience too quickly.

Plus, my sewing table is temporarily acting as a stand for my DVD player and TiVo in my bedroom, since the wall shelf they were on broke, and I haven't had a chance to fix it! Sewing at the coffee table is the WORST! Can you say back ache?

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 1 month ago #18742 by randomprincess
greetings cemwerewolf

You may know where i am coming from here - do what makes you happy and be surrounded in things that make you feel good.

Do you know that it wasnt until i reached the age of 40 i finally realised that it is ok to be an individual
to have thoughts and dreams of your own - to dress the way you want to dress do things in your life that you want to do.

so if people dont like the fact that you have your little collections - well dont let it worry you - i would like to go into their house and see wht they have in their cupboards lol

Time to create page: 0.245 seconds