Show Navigation Menu

Thanksgiving

More
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #9338 by StephenG
Thanksgiving was created by StephenG
Seeing as it is Thanksgiving this week here in America, I figured I would put the question out there for everyone: WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL FOR?
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by StephenG.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9347 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Thanksgiving
I guess, I'm thankful for the fact my parents have paid out for my music tuition lessons since I was 6, 12 and 15 (3 different instruments). :P Wouldn't know where I'd be without my parents or my instruments.

Also very thankful that I've got rid of the abusive partner I had and made a fresh start with someone whom I love dearly.

Whew. We just don't get a day to be thankful for things in England. There's Christmas and that's usually just thanking people for what you've been given. :dry: Although had we been given Thanksgiving Day here, I think my list of things to be thankful for would be endless and England would've wished never to have introduced it.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9368 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Thanksgiving
I can't be thankful after all of the torment, hatred, and greed that was involved with the Thanksgiving holiday. It's a day of blood and money and politics. I dare not get involved. If it wasn't for my family's pleas for me to sit down to dinner with them I wouldn't celebrate it at all.

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9393 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Thanksgiving
Though we have already had Thanksgiving Day in Canada I think it's important to reflect what your tankful for on any given day . . . I am thankfulthat, though things are tough right now they are not as bad as they could be. A friend of mine is facing issues very much like my own but she has received the burden of the worst case scenario so I have a vivid example of how my lot could be worse. I am thankful that I am able to bring her some measure of comfort from my experiences. I am thankful for friends and family who are dear to me. I am thankful for the small things in life that often times get overlooked - a good book, a warm cat at my feet, a full stomach. I am also thankful for this site and the people it has allowed me to reach out to across the expanse, to find levity when my heart is heavy. I am thankful for you all.

More
14 years 5 months ago #9403 by Zenith
Replied by Zenith on topic Re:Thanksgiving
I guess I'm thankful for everything my family and friends ahave done for me this year to help me or just to make me feel better in times of stress. I'm grateful to my mom who helped me with my maths so I passed my end of high-school exam. I'm thankful for my beloved one for always being there for me and doing everything to make me happy, and for all the wonderful surprises this year. I'm thankful for all the good times spent with my friends...and I guess that's all which comes now to mind.

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

More
14 years 5 months ago #9484 by StephenG
Replied by StephenG on topic Re:Thanksgiving
Well,I am thankful for my family, without them this past year,i probably would've wound up living on the streets.
I am thankful and grateful to my circle of friends that have helped keep my spirits up. B)

Time to create page: 0.350 seconds