Show Navigation Menu

Quotes

More
13 years 11 months ago #20615 by Poledra1a
Replied by Poledra1a on topic Re:Quotes
\"Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.\"
Oscar Wilde

\"Reality continues to ruin my life.\"

\"In my opinion, we don't devote nearly enough scientific research to finding a cure for jerks.\"

\"I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information\"
Calvin (Calvin & Hobbs)

:lol:

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #20700 by anastasia13
Replied by anastasia13 on topic Re:Quotes
CARPE NOCTUM - Seize the Night This is actually going to be tattooed on the inside of my left wrist

Anastasia

Those who stand in white blessed light might not always be good, those who stand in the inky shadows of darkness might not always be evil.

More
12 years 9 months ago #34181 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Quotes
It's not something short and punchy but..If you ever listen to something by Shostakovitch (I know I've posted my favourite piece by him several times up on here), this quote made by himself would make complete sense..

\"Music is a means capable of expressing dark dramatism and pure rapture, suffering and ecstasy, fiery and cold fury, melancholy and wild merriment and the subtlest nuances and interplay of these feelings which words are powerless to express and which are unattainable in painting and sculpture.\"

More
12 years 9 months ago #34236 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re: Quotes
Envy, that's a great statement! It's really hard to describe how music can make you feel, but that comes close to summing it up.

More
12 years 9 months ago #34247 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Quotes
Morgana wrote:

Envy, that's a great statement! It's really hard to describe how music can make you feel, but that comes close to summing it up.

Glad you liked it. :P It just blew me away the first time I read it and it continues to make me appreciate music all the more.

Time to create page: 0.280 seconds