Show Navigation Menu

Quotes

More
14 years 8 months ago #894 by Eskelde09
Quotes was created by Eskelde09
I love wandering around looking for interesting quotes that i can slip into conversation; most of the quotes, I'll probably never use, but I have some favorites. For example, \"eyes are the window to the soul\" is just a neat thing to say; I wonder what the guy who came up with that was thinking about at the time. I'd like some people, if they have time, to post a few of their favorite quotes and maybe why they like them.

Movie quotes work, too, butthey're not quite the same. For example, \"My name is Inigo Montoya! You Klled my father! prepare to die!\" or \"You keep saying that word. i do not think it means what you think it means.\" are fun, but they have no depth.

a good one I like is, \"To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.\"
\"Other men have claimed they have seen angels, but I have seen thee, and thou art enough.\"

Grazie!

 cantates, avito

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #904 by morphea3107
Replied by morphea3107 on topic Re:Quotes
my favourite quotes are : \" reality sickens me of astma\"
\"i'm like a broken doll , with my eyes fallen within \"
\"our interest towards time comes from the obsession for the irreparable\"
\" all waters have the colour of drowning\"

More
14 years 8 months ago #908 by TheAlcherealist
Replied by TheAlcherealist on topic Re:Quotes
I love using: 'No Hope. No Cure. No Problem'. It's from a game (Left 4 Death), there are some more, but i can't remember them right now.

More
14 years 8 months ago #909 by vampirelycanthrope13
Replied by vampirelycanthrope13 on topic Re:Quotes
I've always loved this quote from war of the worlds from the artilleryman describing the futility of fighting the martians because of their technological superiority in weaponry to that of the humans:
\"It's bows and arrows against the lightning.\"

More
14 years 8 months ago #910 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Quotes
One of my favorites are \"Those who don't remember the part are doomed to repeat it.\" It's a pretty know quote, old one and some has made their own version of it (not sure if this is the original), but I think it has a big amout of truth in it.

Else, found this site - www.wisdomquotes.com/cat_history.html Could come handy :blush:

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 8 months ago #914 by Veszdrin
Replied by Veszdrin on topic Re:Quotes
my favorite quote actually comes from bruce lee. one of his quotes was \"using no way as way, having no limitations as limitation.\" even though a lot of his philosophy went towards his martial arts practices, i like how they could also be aimed at life itself.

Those are the words of someone who does not know true despair....If you do not know it, I will teach it to you...

Time to create page: 0.274 seconds