Show Navigation Menu

Birthdays

More
14 years 5 months ago #8722 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Birthdays.
Happy b-day!

I like to wrap things up, it's nice. Can do it for hours before christmas, and last year I even made rhimes. And my favortie part is unwrapping my things... before, you just sit there with things in your lap. After, you sit there with things AND paper in your lap. And there's no surprizes left. Usually I like to wait with opening my shit... but can't, as my sister forces me to open them. Not next year tho, or I'll kick her out.

My family usually goes out to eat, on a place chosen by the b-day kid, on that evening. And have two parties - one for family (=boring) and one for friends (=no parents home and fun). Still don't get many presents... so christmas is the highlight of the year.
I like presents... but I only like what I'll use or want. Just cheap stuff or something I don't want will make me in a bad mood... but the next gift will probably set it right :blush:

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #8723 by knumpcy
Replied by knumpcy on topic Re:Birthdays.
Happy Birthday Envy!

For me it is not really celebrated except a card from my Brother since my parents and grandparents are no longer on this plane. My friends usually by me a drink on club night, but really after the military it is really just another day.

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity

More
14 years 5 months ago #8726 by StephenG
Replied by StephenG on topic Re:Birthdays.
my birthday celebrations have become more and more mundane as the years have past. For example, this year i spent the day helping my friends move :S but they made up for it by taking me to HOWL-O-SCREAM a couple of days later, so that was fun.
Worked some birthdays, partied some; just depends on the situation...

More
14 years 5 months ago #8729 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Birthdays.
CorpseQueen wrote:

I like presents... but I only like what I'll use or want. Just cheap stuff or something I don't want will make me in a bad mood... but the next gift will probably set it right :blush:

Ahh..I'm not so bothered about the price of things..But it does bother me when I get something that I and the giver know that I'd never use. I remember back in the days when I used to get tons of presents - However, it was always those bath-gift-set-things! :unsure: I guess, I felt there was no thought put into it. :S Much happier these days where only close friends give me something and I know that they've put a lot of time and effort into it.

I do the same for them. :blush: Though it gets harder every year.

And - Thanks for all of the 'Happy Birthday's. :kiss:

More
14 years 5 months ago #8741 by Nox Aeterna
Replied by Nox Aeterna on topic Re:Birthdays.
Envy wrote:

So..It's my birthday today, and I was wondering..

What do you all do for your birthdays? Anything special? Does it really matter? Do you hide from all of the mirrors? Have any memorable birthdays (for good or bad reasons)?

Can't really say I'm doing anything special for mine. Wasn't a great day - I had a doctor's appointment and had someone I dislike, following me home.

Enlighten me with your stories? :)

Happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, for my birthday I do nothing special, just go out with my girlfriend and my friends for a while and drink a beer

More
14 years 5 months ago #8749 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Birthdays.
Happy Birthday Envy! (Though it looks like I'm about a little late) Quite frankly my birtday tends to be forgotten. I usually end up working on my birthday and, even though birthdays are posted at work and there are people who go out of their way to wish everyone a happy one, mine usually isn't acknowledged at all. Generally my husband and I will have a nice dinner and evening together, my mom will give me a card and my sister will give me a gift wrapped in tinfoil because I busted her butt for always wrapping my gifts in christmas wrapping paper. That's about it. But I always make a big deal about the birthdays of those close to me!

Time to create page: 0.382 seconds