Show Navigation Menu

Birthdays

More
14 years 5 months ago #8759 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Birthdays.
cemwerewolf wrote:

Generally my husband and I will have a nice dinner and evening together, my mom will give me a card and my sister will give me a gift wrapped in tinfoil because I busted her butt for always wrapping my gifts in christmas wrapping paper.

Wrapping gifts in tin-foil..Now that's an idea I should try. Adding shiny-fun value to someone's special day. :woohoo: Supposedly pets hate tin-foil too..It has its advantages! Thanks for sharing that one. :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #8782 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Birthdays.
Envy wrote:

Ah..

I know someone who has a birthday on Boxing Day..So.. :P Usually gets given one present for the two.

Oh, I just hate that!! Not that I'm greedy, but it seems like such a cop-out... I'd rather have 2 small things, than 1 big \"combination\" present.

More
14 years 5 months ago #8800 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Birthdays.
Envy wrote:

cemwerewolf wrote:

Generally my husband and I will have a nice dinner and evening together, my mom will give me a card and my sister will give me a gift wrapped in tinfoil because I busted her butt for always wrapping my gifts in christmas wrapping paper.

Wrapping gifts in tin-foil..Now that's an idea I should try. Adding shiny-fun value to someone's special day. :woohoo: Supposedly pets hate tin-foil too..It has its advantages! Thanks for sharing that one. :P

Well, when I complained she gave me a choice between my gifts being wrapped in either the comics section of the newspaper or tinfoil. I choose tinfoil just to be difficult because it rips easier. Plus shinyness is always an important factor! :laugh:

More
14 years 5 months ago #8857 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Birthdays.
My sister just had her b-day - she got money from mosth aunts, flower from one and from another - only flowers. What's up with that? Yes a nice buch, but wtf? Just flowers?

But I kinda hate people that don't want anything... especially if they're close to me. How can I know what to give them if they don't know what they want, or if they don't want anything? And if gets me confused. How do I react to that? You always get or give presents... does it mean that I should ignore it?

Especially when it comes to my boy. He's a mess, and he don't even bother to clean up. All he wanted for 10 years (before me) was a girlfriend and magical powers. I know he want tons of other stuff. And that just makes me a bit mad... but, trying to clean it out and it's going good so far :blush:

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 5 months ago #8903 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Birthdays.
CorpseQueen wrote:

My sister just had her b-day - she got money from mosth aunts, flower from one and from another - only flowers. What's up with that? Yes a nice buch, but wtf? Just flowers?

But I kinda hate people that don't want anything... especially if they're close to me. How can I know what to give them if they don't know what they want, or if they don't want anything? And if gets me confused. How do I react to that? You always get or give presents... does it mean that I should ignore it?

Especially when it comes to my boy. He's a mess, and he don't even bother to clean up. All he wanted for 10 years (before me) was a girlfriend and magical powers. I know he want tons of other stuff. And that just makes me a bit mad... but, trying to clean it out and it's going good so far :blush:

Aah! I loathe getting flowers, because they eventually wilt and die. :S I just dislike it. Plus they get me sneezing.

I don't like people who don't want anything as well..Because I feel the need to get something for them regardless, and I'd prefer that it was something they actually wanted or would make use of. :angry: We all know they're just being polite! :P I was lucky this year and managed to slowly figure out what to get for everyone I really cared for (slipping in subtle questions during conversations very early on).

As for magical powers..Wow. Erm. Get him a game, if he uses a console? Or just..You know..A cape and y-fronts stitched to the outside of some lycra tights.

More
14 years 5 months ago #8910 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Birthdays.
My mom is really hard to shop for sometimes because she never seems to want anything, at least nothing she mentions. Finally, i the past few years, I've gotten her trained so that she gives me a list of things she wants or needs and i pick something from it. This way were both happy! :)

Time to create page: 0.353 seconds