Show Navigation Menu

Choises

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #8647 by CorpseQueen
Choises was created by CorpseQueen
We live in a free society, don't we? Where you can do everything your want, become all you dream of and reach all of your goals.

All you need to do is choose.

But what if you can't choose? What if you don't have a goal, what if you don't know what you want to be? Who will descide for you?
No one. Everyone is too scared to hurt your feelings, to do something they'll regret because you regret it or suffer from it. No one will ever try to make descisions for you, at least not when you need them.

I got troubles with the modern society. I know what I want and what I want to do... but the possibilities. Will I do it that way or this? Now or later, at this time or in this way, whenever I choose... Just gotta choose.

Read a theory somewhere in an article that children liked samurai-stories so much, because they didn't need to choose. They knew what they wanted: to be the best. Sure, maybe one in a hundred didn't like it, but most didn't think much about it. Humans are made to step in line - we live in an hierarchy after all, and we're mostly happy about it. Because most don't see how it could be better...

Do you ever have troubled with choises, ever thought about it? That free will may not always be the best?

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by CorpseQueen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #8650 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Choises
I lower myself to my knees and bow down to you. My entire life I thought I was alone in this. I can't ever choose anything for myself. I'm horrible at it. I don't know what I want to do with my life and the longer I sit here without making a decision the worse my existence seems to get. Just lats night I was consulting the Tarot on my goals and dreams. I found a specific goal that I would love to achieve and the cards told me I'd have to give up my favorite activities or else I'll become The Hermit. For my ultimate goal The Hermit is NOT what I need right now.

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 6 months ago #8673 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Choises
I'm one of the most indecisive people I know. I constantly feel stuck. Not knowing which way to turn because there are all these doubts. I can't make a major decision without first weighing the outcome for myself but also the impact on those closest to me. There are so many who rely on me that if I make the wrong decision it could all fall apart. The pressure is immense. Sometimes I just want to grab a random person and beg of them, \"What should I do?!\"

More
14 years 6 months ago #8675 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Choises
This society gives us the illusion of choice!

But in reality, these choices are imposed on us by this society of consum ...

So, our only real choice would it not continue to be blind to it or finally opening their eyes to the reality that surrounds us and manipulating us?

Mes hommages.

T.

More
14 years 6 months ago #8720 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Choises
I'd be carefull with tarot cards, especially my own... got one deck that loves to be bad, so to speak, and doesn't always talk the truth. Or maybe it does, but in it's own manner. A bit of a hate/love-relation...

And agree to it: what do we really choose? What to become? Not really, as we still have to become something that the society can use, and that only gives us part of the freedom we think we have. And still it is too much...

I don't believe I got any people depending on my descisions, but my own future depends on them. Right now I'm not sure if I should continue study or not. The choise is pretty much 'study hard and put every dream aside untill you're done and got a good job with a nice paycheck' or 'get a simple job and try to live your dreams'. Sure I wanna do the last one, but what's really the best? The most smart thing to do?
But still... I'll probably take the last one. Quit my studies and try my luck. I could always start studying again if everything fucks up, right?

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 6 months ago #8725 by knumpcy
Replied by knumpcy on topic Re:Choises
Well this is a good one...

The freewill we have was spawned by the Jewish and Christian Creator,freedom is another matter, and as society keeps turning out they(Governments and religious zealots) are trying to extinguish it on a daily basis. I have had dreams or aspiriations on what I wish to do and in turn benefit society other than being a greed mongering horde that worships money and power which money only gives you the illusion of power and your self worth and honor is more powerful than money could ever be.

The elite want to keep us mindless and numb, and not knowing which way to turn, also until even the kind hearted choose to grab a pair and rid the plane of those undesirables( I have been waiting for this for 20yrs), we shall keep going in this same spiral.

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity

Time to create page: 0.262 seconds