Show Navigation Menu

Remembrance Day

More
14 years 5 months ago #8646 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Remembrance Day
East Midlands. :) This area is next to a city, but many parts just 20 minutes from the city centre are quite rural. I think the cannon stands in a park somewhere near.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #8652 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Remembrance Day
Yes, my father is a veteran and he was gifted a free meal at Applebee's tonight along with his wife. :D

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 5 months ago #8672 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Remembrance Day
If I had been working today, it would have been business as usual I'm sure. But, as I was home I observed the minute of silence and my own rituals. I have not, however, worn a poppy for the past two years. My grandfather, who was a veteran in the army engineers, passed away two years ago and his funeral was on November 10th so we were all wearing our poppies. Since then I just haven't been able to wear this symbol . . .

More
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #8728 by knumpcy
Replied by knumpcy on topic Re:Remembrance Day
In the U.S. I remember my second birthday November 10th 1775 more than, Veterans day. I get a thank you alot from the older generations more than the worthless youth we have here. Though if I had it to do all over again I would not have served and left the U.S. along time ago. I shouldn't be hateful but we have too many idiots in control now and too many gullible fools here now.

To get back on subject there is usually parades and most businesses close gov't type for the day. Though I do remember the Veterans on this day and wish them well.

P.S. Yes I know I should not be this way coming from a Goth, but the lies, deceptions and blatant losing ones freedoms is becoming quite tedious....I really need to read again, and again, and again.... :(

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity
Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by knumpcy.

More
14 years 5 months ago #8771 by AcroCake
Replied by AcroCake on topic Re:Remembrance Day
SkieShauphen wrote:

Yes, my father is a veteran and he was gifted a free meal at Applebee's tonight along with his wife. :D

Aw, that's sweet :silly:

More
14 years 5 months ago #8773 by vampirelycanthrope13
In the uk many of us wear poppies and all but the ignorant and the disrespectful pay their respect in the one minute silence on the sunday services for it and on the actual day.

Time to create page: 0.289 seconds