Show Navigation Menu

Best friends

More
14 years 5 months ago #8153 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Best friends
I can understand that Corpse. I grew up the first 10 years of my life alone. I was so used to it that I never really wanted to talk to anyone or share anything. The only friends I had I only saw at school and even then I didn't really talk to them. We just played cards or games or something at recess. It wasn't until I moved to a different school where I lived in town that I started to spend time with other people and get to know life that way. I missed out on a lot of stuff that normal people did as kids but it doesn't really matter anymore. Since I was so secluded for so long in my early life I feel very uncomfortable talking to people about who I really am. Only one person even comes close to understanding that person. I didn't even share the 'real me' with my fiance. It's kind of weird putting on a mask for all of the world until you get used to it. Then it's perfectly normal but you slowly start to forget who you really are.

Meaning comes from within.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #8182 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Best friends
I never had (a) best friend/s and probably will never have.
I'm friendly as much as the next person, have lots of acquaintances, but a small number of people I would consider friends.
Have been hurt in the past by a lot of people, but in the end I didn't grow distrusting towards people, quite the opposite - I grown indifferent to peoples opinions about me. I can tell private stuff to almost a complete stranger, stuff that maybe another person would never tell anybody. I just don't care anymore. I'm not ashamed. Well, I do sometimes stop and think \"Fuck! Why did you have to do/say that!\" but in the end, I don't give a damn. Life's too short to think \"what if?\" and chew yourself from the inside by doubt, fear etc.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 5 months ago #8200 by SkieShauphen
Lolz, I never understood why people say 'life is too short'. It's short compared to what? Nothing you do in your life will be longer than your life itself lol :silly:

More
14 years 5 months ago #8202 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Best friends
This will sound really cheesy, but my husband is my best friend. We've known each other for more than half of our lives, and I think we know everything there is to know about each other.

There are some other people that I would call friends, but no one that I'd trust completely. I never was much of a people person, even as a kid, and I'm totally OK with not having a huge circle of friends.

More
14 years 5 months ago #8208 by SkieShauphen
I used to call my father my best friend because he was always more like a friend. I loved hanging out with him but sadly the older I get the less I feel that bond. I've changed a lot since those times with dad.

More
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #8217 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Best friends
SkieShauphen wrote:

Lolz, I never understood why people say 'life is too short'. It's short compared to what? Nothing you do in your life will be longer than your life itself lol :silly:

Time flies away very fast and you never know how much time you have. Better to live your life with quality then to lose time on something trivial.
Example: My great grandpa lived to be 100. He lived through WW1 - his home village was completely evacuated to Moravia, was fighting for Italy in WW2 (part of Croatia was then occupied by Italy) - was at the wedding of King Vittorio Emanule III (they put him in the front row of the soldiers at the wedding because he was tall and handsome), was captured by the British at the battle of Sicily, spent 4 years imprisoned in England etc.
I hope you get my point. It's not only that you benefit with living a long time, but also the people that surround you. I was very fortunate to meet my great grandparents and to spend time with them. Just to be clear, gramps passed away less then a year ago and great grandma half a year ago, so it' s not that I was little and can't clearly remember them. Hell, if they didn't chose to pass away they would have lived to meet my children. They were perfectly healthy, you just saw that they felt they didn't have a reason to live anymore - maybe you could say they became sick with life.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by black_magnolia.

Time to create page: 0.288 seconds