Show Navigation Menu

Computers

More
14 years 6 months ago #7203 by Zenith
Replied by Zenith on topic Re:The Fear - Computers
Things of the sort have hapened to me too. I've learned to store all my precious data on dvds and memory sticks. I'm not too good with a computer, if it starts crashing I'll just curse it a bit, maybe give it a little pat then leaving it as it is. Once I've lost all my phtos and my music, writings etc and never got it back. It was a tad frustrating but computers are just machines, and machines are doomed to fail.

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7206 by Highwayman
Replied by Highwayman on topic Re:The Fear - Computers
Sounds nasty iv'e not had that! hope i never do.

Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7218 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:The Fear - Computers
cemwerewolf wrote:

Technology and I definitely do not mix. I cast the computer a sideways glance and it crashes out of sheer spite.

The same thing seems to happen to me! I'm very static-y in the winter, so I'm sure that doesn't help...

I keep backups/printouts of anything important as well, just in case.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7221 by morphea3107
Replied by morphea3107 on topic Re:The Fear - Computers
a computer cannot be trusted 100%...you may never know what can happen ....

More
14 years 6 months ago #7259 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:The Fear - Computers
The fun thing is, all my favorites are back now... strange. Like nothing happened. Maybe it understood it went a bit too far... :cheer:

I had a laptop that was the nightmare of all... had to start it all over 3 times I believe, and still things did not work as they should. Well, it ended with me trading it for a stationary one, which did this... but at least I have nothing important here. Never. Ever.

Once I kept printing everything I wrote (after my first few times of computer-failure) and hung it all on my walls, but got tired of it. Now I got a few external memories I store everything of value on, so no comp can come and destroy it all! HA!

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 6 months ago #7262 by anastasia13
Replied by anastasia13 on topic Re:The Fear - Computers
that is why I still write things down, I have a notebook next to my computer, anything I find that will help me, publishers address or website. It is in the book. I worked with computers for 6 years in the Navy and to this day I still do not trust them. I believe you had a typical virus that just attacked the outside of your system. ie the desktop items and favorites...consider yourself lucky you didnt have the blue screen of death and had to start from scratch. I have a matching 250 gig external harddrive and keep most of my stuff on that just because I know the kernal (brain) of the computer is very unstable, there in nothing ever concrete. I had to order a new piece for my laptop because my screen kept coming on and warping my computer...when it was supposed to be hybernating. So then I had to order my bluetooth chip so that would work...I might get a wireless keyboard and sit back from my laptop to type...those are the days... anyway yes I have everything that you can imagine done to my laptop...I hate to say somedays I want to throw it through a window...

Anastasia

Those who stand in white blessed light might not always be good, those who stand in the inky shadows of darkness might not always be evil.

Time to create page: 0.339 seconds