Show Navigation Menu

Computers

More
14 years 6 months ago #7480 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:The Fear - Computers
Something like that happened to me. My old computer's hard drive died three weeks before my father did. We used to send each other epic emails, and I saved them all on my hard drive. I wasn't able to recover them, so I called my dad, and we laughed about it, saying we will have to start all over again. I think I got three emails from him over the next week, and then he fell too ill to write anymore. He died shortly after that. So now I save all my important things OFF the computer! Which reminds me, I have to back up my picture files again...I would hate to lose my daughter's childhood!

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #8578 by Thurysaz
Bonsoir sisters & brothers of The Order Of Algoth,

Beware the computer is evil!

Mine, returning from a ride in a \"rescue data\", had made a \"critical stop\" which cost me almost all my important data.

So ...

I warn you of something that obviously few people know:

WARNING! your hard drive should always have at least 20% free to function properly.

Mes hommages.

T.

More
14 years 6 months ago #8582 by CorpseQueen
I've been there too... had to get a memory for my comp as I had a bit too much in it once...

It's fun how they have so much memory and brag so much about it, but you can't use it all. Sometimes you don't even get everything they say (they say 500, but you get 479, don't remember the real numbers tho).

I for one don't trust computers... had a few too many break down on me. Got most back and don't think I've lost much vital things, but only because I keep backup

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 6 months ago #8583 by Thurysaz
Unfortunately I did not have recent backups ...

Now this does not happen again because I just bought an external hard drive to show sufficient enormous no longer having to worry for those famous 20% ...

Mes hommages.

T.

More
14 years 6 months ago #8587 by Envy
Thurysaz wrote:

WARNING! your hard drive should always have at least 20% free to function properly.

Well..I think I'll run along and tell my brother why his computer's died. (Too many PC games - Not enough memory..At least nothing majorly important was on that computer).

Thanks! :P

More
14 years 6 months ago #8598 by SkieShauphen
Well, luckily I've had my computer for close to 5 years and I've never even come close to using up 60% of my memory. I've got far too much of it! On the other hand the Devil is in my computer. I can't watch flashes or videos without it crashing after a while. My web cam crashes it. Too many web site tabs open at once will crash it. Instant messengers slow it WAY down and sometimes crash it as well. The internet will randomly boot me for no apparent reason at all. Sometimes, even if I have nothing open it will still crash just for the hell of it. My computer is possessed.

Meaning comes from within.

Time to create page: 0.344 seconds